Do customers need a simple programming language built in? - page 5

Комбинатор:

You just look at everything from your own bell tower.

There are two types of users.

The first one includes 90-99% of everyone, they are too lazy to make three clicks of the mouse instead of two. The rest, those who might be interested in such a language, are quite capable of understanding mql5 as well.

There is always a way to simplify a certain order of actions: you can type the same text until you are blue in the face, or you can paste it from the clipboard. And this is normal - this is the process of development, not only in depth but also in breadth. And it is not a question of Laziness, but of the expediency of repeating certain actions and the speed with which the result is obtained...

igrok333:
here is the opening of a trade in mql4
one line.

here is the opening of a deal in mql5
13 lines.

In normal programming languages theop is used when nothing can be done using normal methods.
Isn't it a lame programming language?

Here is a trade opening in mql5: ctrade.Buy(1); - even the letters in the line are less than in your example.

What prevents you from using Trade.mqh. Then there will be 3 lines, 2 of which will be the connection of library and declaration of class variable.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

This thing will give you back your joie de vivre, it couldn't be simpler ))

and then they came up with these calculators,
which are more functional and easier to use.

Computers were hard to use at first, but then they invented a mouse, an intuitive interface and so on.
So, mql5 is an example of a modern, user-friendly computer turned into an old, inconvenient-to-use computer.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I decided to write on the subject, because I myself have similar ideas, and then an old customer in a Skype chat began to fantasise, and the fantasy is very close to my thoughts.

I did not record the conversation, just from memory.

This has been around for a long time and in many variations, here's an example(not advertising) see from 33 seconds:

igrok333:

Please, no naughty, no swearing. The broom and the gang are already prepared:

A trip to the baths

Alexey Volchanskiy:

This thing will give you back the joy of life, it couldn't be simpler ))

Let's write the opening of the trades in Assembler and link it to the terminal with a dll.

Alexey Oreshkin:

Here is a trade opening in mql5: ctrade.Buy(1); - even the letters in the line are less than in your example.

What prevents you from using Trade.mqh. Then there will be 3 lines, 2 of which are library connection and variable class declaration.

That's what I do.

But why not do something similar in the regular functionality?

igrok333:

And what does switching to mql5 give? Is it easier to write in mql5? Is there less code?

I have one line to open a trade, regardless of platform. Precisely due to capabilities of MQL5.

As a matter of fact - it's been repeatedly said here that the difference between MQL4 and MQL5 is very small, and in fact the entire difference consists in the difference in protocols of interaction with the server.

The idea that "MT4 has only one line, and MT5 has fifteen" is similar to statements of first Windows programmers, who had to do a shitload of actions to open a simple window - to register the window class, start message loop, write window event function...

But now everybody writes for Windows, and I have even a suspicion that writing something that works for DOS will be a bit difficult for most people.

igrok333:
That's what I do.

But why wasn't something like this done in the regular functionality?

Is this some kind of unusual and secret functionality?
In this case, on the contrary, there are possibilities - if you want to fill in all the fields yourself, if you don't want to fill them in. There is no such option in mt4.

George Merts:

I have one line to open a trade, regardless of platform. Just due to the capabilities of MQL5.

But as a matter of fact - it's been said here more than once - the difference between MQL4 and MQL5 is very small, and in fact the whole difference is in the difference in protocols of interaction with the server.

The idea that "MT4 has only one line, and MT5 has fifteen" is similar to statements of first Windows programmers, who had to do a shitload of actions to open a simple window - to register the window class, start message loop, write window event function...

But now everybody writes for Windows, and I have even a suspicion that writing something that works for DOS will be a bit difficult for most people.

There are even those who don't know what DOS is at all. And of those who know, many have never seen what it looks like or heard of the DOS commands.

Reason: