Registration for the Real Accounts (Cents) Championship July 2017 . - page 19

Server Muradasilov:
For me personally, sharpe is nothing - the profit factor is the really cooler thing - (ichmo)

The profit factor is far from always calculable. It is also sensitive to single "spikes" in profits in single trades. For example, you can make 1000 deals of -1$ and one deal of +3000$ for example on one of the gaps. The profit factor will show 3000/1000 = 3,0. Is it good? Well, probably, it is good for those hoping for luck in the competition, but no one in their right mind will not tolerate a series of 1000 losing trades on real money, but in competition - sure!

Yuriy Zaytsev:
For me personally, sharpe is nothing - the profit factor is a really cooler thing - (ichmo)

Right. All the more so as the Competition is being run on real money.

In anticipation of the possible giggles of the particularly gifted, I should clarify that we are talking about the reality of this very money, not its value.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Oleg, I have you on record.

Thank you

Does the currency have to be a dollar?

Yuriy Zaytsev:
For me personally, sharpe is nothing - the profit factor is a really cooler thing - (ichmo)

But you should also keep in mind that when there are no losing trades, i.e. when all trades are only in the plus, the profit factor will be infinite.

To be honest I still don't understand Sharpe's logic. My main focus is on the drawdown. I liked Equity's suggestion divided by Drawdown.

Uladzimir Kirychenka:
To be honest, I still don't understand Sharpe's logic. I mainly focus on the drawdown. I like Equity divided by drawdown.

You're dancing aroundthe ratio of profit made to maximum equity drawdown, and that's the recovery factor

I always thought it was the main indicator of the strategy, only it should not be a couple of deals, otherwise the statistics will suffer.

Oleg Tsarkov:

Thank you

Does the currency have to be the dollar?

Interesting question, of course one wants relative freedom in the choice of currency

Purely theoretically - I see no reason to clamp the rules on currency, we will still be based on relative values.We need to think together, what are the arguments against ?

[ ] Server

[ ] Vitaly

[√] Yuri

Oleg Tsarkov:

Thank you

Does the currency have to be a dollar?

What is it? I remember, about ten years ago, there were penny bills and eurocents.

geratdc:

You'd think it was the first contest in history))) I must have had about a dozen of them by now, and the rules have not yet been ironed out))). I have the idea to look for a man with $ 10 in his pocket to the councilor to actually try, but at the same time in the contest pofaniyu. So I propose the contestants to insist that the second and third places were also prizes - the contest rules are still being shaken out, and the first place is clear whose EA will be taken)))) Phew))))

Administration should not consult with the contestants - like the rules or not like them - you have provided a prize, so as you say so the contest will be conducted - just think for yourself, if the case is told, correct the rules while there is still time, and the participants to agree on Sharpe will never be, for this contest administration and need to make a single decision.

You can count the results of the previous contest and assess whether the first place was awarded fairly? If so, Sharpe is working. If not, give them a hint who will get a kickback from the prize)))) Give a purely Russian flavour to the contest results before the start. As usual)))

You should verify your profile first, or write everything from a verified one.

Please do not write posts like this, this is not a rubbish dump.

Reason: