Donald - Nathanson - page 3

prikolnyjkent:

А... Yeah, well... This strategy isn't about making money... It's all about discussion...

What do you want from me? To impose your system? Make a topic and discuss your strategies... i don't care...

Once again, this topic is not about what strategies are in general and whether they are good or bad... there are more generalised branches for that... there are millions of them...

this is a discussion of this particular strategy...

if you have nothing to say about the topic, go chirp somewhere else ... and earn your own money

nowi:

... go chirp somewhere else...and earn your keep

Well, thank you...

I'm off.

I don't get it here...

"3. if the bet reaches zero, .......".

Younga:

I don't get it here...

"3. if the bet reaches zero,.......".

Look, if the single bet is 0.01 and we started with 0.1 then in winning we put 0.09, then 0.08 and so on.

With a large shift to the winning side the bet will come to 0 or more precisely to the minimum bet of 0.01 in the end...

have you played with the numbers in excel?

Younga:
did you play with the numbers in excel?

I've done it in mql before... I wish I'd saved the expert... it was purely random... but the charts turned out very interesting, with a unique colouring, peculiar to this betting system... something like martingale... the same way, but slower, pulling any account to the plus...

but because of the large shift in negative rates, it can't withstand the pressure on the deposit...and closes on the stake...

so the question was how to prevent this bias... even 40% would have been enough... notice! with the same stops 1:1

nowi:

I've done it in mql before... I wish I'd saved the expert... it was purely random... but the charts turned out very interesting, with their own unique colouring, peculiar to this betting system... something like martingale... the same only slower it pulls any account to the plus...

but because of the large shift in negative rates, it can't withstand the pressure on the deposit...and closes on the stake...

so the question was how to prevent this bias... even 40% would have been enough... note! with identical stops 1:1

40% of what? negative outcomes? with the same stops?

Aleksey Vakhrushev:

40% of what? negative outcomes? with the same stops?

hahaha) very funny.... You're playing me for a fool... the strategy will be profitable with 60% of positive trades and identical stops it's obvious...

I meant 40% of positive outcomes and 1:1 stops... it's not so obvious... but it's still a fact...

if you had read the thread you wouldn't have asked such stupid questions... as it is, you have to start asking questions... you're too lazy to read

All the same I will write, I made an EA in the same way, only with the hour bars, if the candle at 12 pm (for each hour in the day array) is bullish, then add a bid if bearish, then decrease the bid if the sign is positive, respectively buy if negative, then sell with a lot modulo, from 2000 to 2008 or 2012 is a very nice curve up then chatter around zero (perhaps associated with the transition time, this parameter is not taken into account), but there is one big BUT get m.o. more spread could not

Files:
D.zip  832 kb

It seems to me that there are three ways out.
Either make your initial lot (which you had 0.1) dynamic.
Or make the lot decrease/increase function dynamic.
Or both.
Which is essentially as difficult as creating a profitable trader with a fixed lot and without martin.
In essence, it will be the same trend trading - buy low, sell high. The only difference is the trend of profitable deals that will have one type of function and the trend of losing deals that will have another type of function.
We will replace the search for buy/sell signals with the search for switching points of the functions when entering at random with equal slips and so on.
Those who advocate for martin saying that it does not matter where to open, the market is random, if they certainly manage to make a profit (a cool guy for example, if he's not lying), in fact, they just do not realize that they trade the same trends, only this is not the "usual" trends from the chart, and the profitability in their case, even if not much, indicates that the market is not a purely random process.
Amen.
Reason: