Services , new functionality in the MT5 architech, the funeral of MT4 is just around the corner. - page 9

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Service Desk is, unfortunately, in their repertoire. They don't need to throw in a link when it comes to discussion. But to give a concrete example, on their fingers. That's not what they're talking about. Actually they say, SymbolInfoTick() returns the current tick to be checked, and since OnCalculate() handles each tick - it turns out, that output should be of each tick. And CopyTicks() tells us otherwise. Well... And they say, do not look at CopyTicks() :). About two threads they explained me too, when they were fixing CopyTicks() at the end of year. Only it is not the issue here (although, maybe in it too, I don't know).

Did you ask them about ticks with 0 flag while getting from OnBookEvent()?

1. The problem is in different OnCalculate and CopyTicks. I would still check it by writing all the ticks. But they also promised to look into it further, it's important.

2. Didn't ask.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

1. It's the different nature of OnCalculate and CopyTicks. I would still check by recording all the ticks. But they also promised to look into it further, it's important.

2. Didn't ask.

Maybe I do not understand something, but I do not understand what CopyTicks() has to do. The CopyTicks() is needed only to confirm the error (in this case), that the call is not coming at every tick or SymbolInfoTick() returns not what it should. What's the point of writing ticks to a file? Or do you (like the developers) think that the log may not display what it should? Then... Would be quite fun...

If call OnCalculate() must go on every tick - the log must reflect every tick with SymbolInfoTick(). And it's not happening. If you want to check it with a file - well check it, but is it reasonable...

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Maybe I don't understand something, but what CopyTicks() has to do with it, I can't understand. CopyTicks() is needed only for error confirmation (in this case), that the call is not coming to every tick or SymbolInfoTick() returns not what it should. What's the point of writing ticks to a file? Or do you (like the developers) think that the log may not display what it's supposed to? Then... Would be quite fun...

If call OnCalculate() must go on every tick - the log must reflect every tick with SymbolInfoTick(). And it doesn't happen. If you want to check it with a file - well check it, but is it reasonable...

And it's asynchronous. But I'm not saying that there is no error. I just haven't checked it myself.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:
While it is asynchronous. But I'm not saying there's no error. I just haven't checked it myself.
Okay, it is asynchronous, but then what... If CopyTicks() returns the tick which hasn't yet been returned by SymbolInfoTick(), but SIT() returns it on next ticks - it's one thing, but it doesn't happen here.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Soon there will be a new type of programs - services that run constantly and without being bound to the charts.

Their main function is to work as datafeeds for custom characters

So water cuts stones ))))

Suggested to Slava Stringo to implement this a couple of years ago. At that time I called it "Subject" programming.

I am glad that you continue to modernize the platform, not only the forum services.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Soon there will be a new type of software - services that work all the time and are not tied to charts.

Their main function is to work as datafeeds for custom characters
Can you be a little more specific about when "soon" is coming?

Alexey Kozitsyn:
Can you be a little more specific about when "soon" is coming?

there's nothing more satisfying than the longing to wait

Yuriy Zaytsev:

There's nothing more satisfying than lingering in anticipation

It's when you know you're "about to". In this situation, there is no such certainty.

Alexey Kozitsyn:
That's when you know you're "about to". In this situation, there is no such certainty.

but there's a beauty in not knowing when

Alexey Kozitsyn:
That's when you know you're "about to". In this situation, we are not so sure.
First we'll release the custom characters next week, and then we'll get down to datafeeds.
Reason: