Chatter about the MT5 strategy tester - page 19

Реter Konow:

I do not understand you. Explain please. I can make a manual trading simulator on MT4, but without open source code.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems & strategy testing

Libraries: Virtual

fxsaber, 2019.02.15 16:11

Who needs a manual trading tester in MT5, simple idea.

You create a speed panel like the Visualizer. This panel first creates a custom symbol where it throws in ticks for the Tester.

This is the Visualizer! On it, as on MT4, you can hang indicators and "Trade" manually.

The only thing you will see is not in the Terminal tabs, but in its custom tab.

Virtual can do all this initially, only the visualisation is not done.

fxsaber:

There is such a possibility. I need a handy manual trading assistant for MT4 with source code to demonstrate on 5.

The problem is that the MT5 tester doesn't work with graphical objects. After all, a few buttons and input fields are sufficient for manual trading in the tester. If buttons work in the tester, you can press them and get a reaction, then it is impossible to determine some parameters manually, despite the fact that they are on the chart, you cannot change the value in the entry field.

Suppose you need to close a specific position out of several... How to define its ticket in the code By entering it into the field, but alas... Change the lot as well...

Alexey Viktorov:

The problem is that the MT5 tester does not work with graphical objects. After all, for manual trading in the tester, a few buttons and entry fields are enough. If buttons work in the tester, you can press them and there is a reaction, then it is impossible to determine some parameters manually, you cannot change the value in the entry field despite the fact that it is on the chart.

Suppose of several positions you need to close a specific one... How to define its ticket in the code... By entering it into the field, but alas... To change a lot as well...

+- do.

There are already a lot of simulators for the tester.

Alexey Viktorov:

The problem is that the MT5 tester does not work with graphical objects. After all, for manual trading in the tester, a few buttons and entry fields are enough. If the buttons work in the tester, you can press them and get reaction, then you cannot define some parameters manually, you won't be able to change the value in the entry field despite the fact that it is present on the chart.

Suppose I need to close one position out of several... How to determine the ticket in the code... By entering it in the field, but alas... Change the lot as well...

I just have a request to show the source code of a handy manual trader for MT4-Tester. I will use it as a base for MT5.

fxsaber:

This needs to be sorted out. I suggest discussing this in my thread. If there is a way to the tester or bypass, without a DLL, then perhaps nothing else is needed and I am asking for nothing more...

Alexey Viktorov:

The problem is that the MT5 tester does not work with graphical objects. After all, for manual trading in the tester, a few buttons and entry fields are enough. If buttons work in the tester, you can press them and get reaction, then it is impossible to define some parameters manually, despite the fact that they are on the chart, you cannot change the value in the entry field.

Suppose you need to close a specific position out of several ones... How to determine its ticket in the code... By entering it into the field, but alas... Change the lot as well...

I have a solution to this problem. There is only a connection between the tester and the MT5 terminal via resources.

Реter Konow:

This needs to be sorted out. I suggest discussing this in my thread. If there is a way to the tester or bypass, without a DLL, then maybe nothing else is needed and I am asking for nothing more...

I'll probably show the basics in the QB. Visual fintechs everyone can add in their own image.

fxsaber:

Most likely, the basis will be shown in the KB. Everyone can add the visuals in their own image and likeness.

Okay. (chuckles)

Vladislav Andruschenko:

+- do.

tester simulators are already plentiful.

For a lot I may agree, but how many times do you have to press +- to get the ticket number. Of course, if you do it regularly, then in the entry field will be more or less close value, but if all closed at tick and suddenly 300th need to close by hand? All in all, it is a half-hearted solution.

Alexey Viktorov:

For a lot, maybe I agree, but how many times do you have to press +- to have a ticket number. Of course if you do it regularly, then in the input field will be more or less close value, but if all closed at one tick and suddenly 300th need to close by hand? All in all, it is a half-hearted solution.

I agree.

It was recently suggested that a calculator tablet be made. When you click on the window, a calculator appears (the numbers )))) ) and dial a number on this tablet.

Reason: