Chatter about the MT5 strategy tester - page 14

Yuriy Zaytsev:

STOP!

what if the terminal stands for 5 months without being unloaded ?

what if it is 8 ? or 2 ?

We are talking only about the files that have already been created and by definition are identical for all terminals of one broker,

we are only talking about files that have already been created and are by definition identical on all terminals of the same broker.

xxz:

Here's the specific data I have the terminal running a couple of hours ago.

Pound file 2017.hcc updated April 3, 2017, 0:14:58 - which means that a full day has passed and no one has added anything to it during this time in any way!!!

Can you imagine that there is a situation where the data is written to the file - and the date and time of the file does not change!

Do you have any idea that this can happen in reality? you think that this cannot happen? :-) then you are very wrong!

Yuriy Zaytsev:

You are looking at a special case ! ( a couple of hours )

Think more broadly - with options - what if it's a month, what if it's 3?

Yuri, to you I and others are trying to make it clear that there is no need to add to the file on every tick !!! It would be suicide for MQ to do so. Information is written to the file in bunches after a while, there is no struggle to write to the file!

xxz:

So if it's not unloading it's storing it all somewhere but no one is going to interfere with it,

it is only about files that have already been created and are by definition identical on all terminals of the same broker.

And it resets it to a file!

Because if the buffer is full - it has to reset it!

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Can you imagine that there is a situation where data is written to a file - but the date and time of the file does not change!

Do you have any idea - this can happen in reality? you think it can't happen? :-) then you are dead wrong!

I can admit that, but I don't think it applies to this file type in our specific case.

Andrey Dik:
Yuri, what I and others are trying to tell you is that there is no need to add to the file on every tick!!! It would be suicide for MQ to do so. Information is written to the file in bunches after a while, there is no struggle to write to the file!

No one is saying that every tick is recorded

I'm talking about forming at least a queue which needs to be dumped to disk sooner or later!

xxz:

I can allow this, but I don't think it applies to this type of files in our case.

this is not just allowed - it's a reality!

There are systems that write the date and time of the file each time it is accessed - and there are systems that do not touch the date and time of the file - sometimes hours or even days

even though it adds gigabytes to the file.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

No one is saying that every tick is recorded

I'm talking about at least forming a queue which has to be dumped to disk sooner or later.

Yeah, what do you mean nobody?! You should watch your language at least once every 5 minutes! People, confirm that I'm not glitchy and Yuri was talking about simultaneous permanent writing to a file by several terminals!

Andrey Dik:
Yeah, what do you mean nobody?! You should watch your language at least once every 5 minutes! People, confirm that I am not glitchy and Yuri said the simultaneous recording to a file by several terminals!

You actually - have already proven yourself and you've already been thrown off the couch! - Come on - don't get mad and follow the idea.

there is a tick from 100 terminals and it has to be recorded

the question is from which terminal to write the tick?

if it is only one tick and it has to be stored in the database once !

imagine, for your own pleasure, that a tick has come in at 3am and the next tick will come in 15 minutes on an illiquid market!

how the system should decide which of the 100 terminals to use and store the tick as the ONLY one in the database!

OPS!!!! turn on your brains and realise there needs to be a MANAGER to deal with this - doesn't it ?

Yuriy Zaytsev:

this is not just allowed - it's a reality!

there are systems that write the date and time of the file each time it is accessed - and there are systems that do not touch the date and time of the file - sometimes hours or even days

even though it adds gigabytes to the file.

Yes I know, like some logs.

Only how will you not realise no one is going to go there!!!

only what is cloned at all terminals and takes up a lot of space as a result.

Reason: