Registration for the MetaQuotes-Demo Championships in May - page 63

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Andrew, here are the terms and conditions of the MC

VII. Determination of the winners (prize winners)

1. At the end of the Championship (23:59 on December28th 2012 trading time), all positions will be forcibly closed.
  2. Only three Participants who have the largest positive profits by the end of the Championship will be declared as the Winners. A positive profit is considered to be the profit that exceeds the initial balance.
  3. If 2 or more contestants have the same balance, the Jury will make the final decision.
  4. If no Participant has a positive profit, there is no winner.
  5. Winners agree to have their names published.
  6. Winners agree to participate in promotional and marketing activities of the Organiser and the Sponsors, including interviews, photo-reports and publicity via the media about the promotions.

I wonder if anyone has challenged having a potentially profitable position forcibly closed in the future, and hanging in the negative now?

You see, a fix is a fix in Africa, and it does not depend on the method of fixing, there is a result, and we operate with it!

You've completely forgotten that in the MQ Championships the participants didn't have access to their EAs. Participants saved the last day of the contest in their EAs in advance, so that they would not leave open positions. And those who had open positions were forced to close them. But here participants have full access to their EAs, and even more so full access to their hands.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You say that as if the price on Fridays flies by 500 pips at the last second. Even if it does, half of it is in one direction and the other half in another.

Von Yura left the euro in a buy for the weekend, while I left the euro in a sell, and he and I will not close the position because it is Friday, because he opened it deliberately with a purpose.

If there will be a forced closing of positions by the organizer, then it will close on the fact, not achieving the goal, which was set in common sense. What kind of randomness?

By leaving a position at the time of closing, you are leaving the last trade to chance. This is not a conscious strategy action, which means the last position does not fall under the trading stats for the duration of the contest.

Andrey Dik:
Leaving a position at the time of competition closing means that you are leaving the last trade to chance. This is not a conscious strategy action, which means that the last position does not fall under the trading stats for the duration of the contest.

it is left because it has a target

Andrey Dik:
By leaving the position at the time of closing you are giving the last trade to chance. This is not a conscious action of strategy, which means the last position does not fall under the trading stats for the time of the competition.

So you think I left the selling of the Euro to chance?

I am always amazed by the freelance TOR: "I need the positions to close on Friday" ... That is, to close a position on Friday, because it is Friday? And why not on Wednesday for example, because it is Wednesday, why leave it to chance on Thursday!

I say. If you want to be honest, all positions must be accounted for and attributed to trading strategies, and therefore must be closed by the participants themselves. Do you want to leave the last positions to chance? Or just don't want to think about it at all? Or what in general? - Then reliable competition statistics is out of the question.

Moreover, it is nonsense to calculate trade values for equity ( non-closed positions). All trade values of the competition should be calculated on closed positions, both current and at the end of the competition.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

So you think I left the selling of the Euro to chance?

I am always amazed by the freelance TOR: "I need the positions to close on Friday" ... That is, to close a position on Friday, because it is Friday? And why not on Wednesday for example, because it is Wednesday!

You can do it on Tuesday or on Monday. Then I say - you did it consciously BEFORE the end of the competition. If you were forced to close positions, it means you trusted chance, which means the last positions do not fall into the statistical characteristics of trading during the contest period.

Good afternoon! Sign me up!

OK. As for Andrey's variant - if I simply do not take into account open positions at the end of the trading session on Friday, then there is a loophole - I have shorted the last day to the full and am in a good deficit. But I won't close the trades, they won't be taken into account according to the rules anyway! (conditionally speaking)

We are all programmers here, we must calculate all possible scenarios.

Therefore, a page ago, there was a suggestion from me not to consider positive open positions, and to consider negative ones. But such a difficult option to understand (and disconnected from life) is unlikely to find support among the participants.

Actually, the closest variant would be closing at the first quote on Monday (to punish or reward those who leave positions open) - but it is technically complicated. And Monday's quotes do not participate in the contest. So - I'm sticking with the option - to conventionally consider that the organiser closed all positions at 23-59-59 because disqualifying a participant for an open position (and there is no alternative yet) is too harsh.

And, yes, I called my broker now, I just had some trades left open on one of my real accounts over the weekend. Anyway, I can't withdraw all the available funds. I can only withdraw the amount that is marked "free margin" - the amount that is not in percentages, but in units of currency. That is, the amount is rather small relative to the balance and equity. I.e., figuratively, if equity is ~ 50 thousand (more than the balance), the free margin of 10 thousand and kopecks.

In other words, participants having good balance and equity, who held open positions on Saturday, have a certain amount in their hands. But this is not equity or balance. Naturally, nobody takes away their equity and they will either buy or lose it on Monday. But Monday is out of the contest.

Igor Volodin:

OK. As for Andrey's variant - if I simply do not take into account open positions at the end of the trading session on Friday, then there is a loophole - I have shorted the last day to the full and am in a good deficit. But I won't close the trades, they won't be taken into account according to the rules anyway! (conditionally speaking)

We are all programmers here, we must calculate all possible scenarios.

Therefore, a page ago, there was a suggestion from me not to consider positive open positions, and to consider negative ones. But such a difficult option to understand (and disconnected from life) is unlikely to find support among the participants.

Actually, the closest variant would be closing at the first quote on Monday (to punish or reward those who leave positions open) - but it is technically complicated. And Monday's quotes do not participate in the contest. So - I'm left with the option - to conventionally consider that the organiser closed all positions at 23-59-59 because disqualifying a participant for an open position (and there is no alternative yet) is too harsh.

And, yes, I called my broker now, I just had some trades left open on one of my real accounts over the weekend. Anyway, I can't withdraw all the available funds. I can only withdraw the amount that is marked "free margin" - the amount that is not in percentages, but in units of currency. That is, the amount is rather small relative to the balance and equity. I.e., figuratively, if equity is ~ 50 thousand (more than the balance), the free margin of 10 thousand and kopecks.

In other words, participants having good balance and equity, who opened positive positions (not negative ones) on Saturday have a certain amount in their hands. But this is neither equity, nor balance. Naturally, no one has robbed them of their equity and they will either buy or lose it on Monday. But Monday is out of the contest.

There you go, I see an understanding coming. That's a good thing.

As far as I understand, all indicators in the signals service are calculated based on closed positions. It means that the data obtained from the signals service should be used and there is no need to play with the last open positions.

The highlighted by me in blue is much closer to the truth, but it cannot reliably show the complete statistics on trading decisions of participants. Full statistics can only include closed positions.

Andrey Dik:

There, I see an understanding coming. This is good.

As far as I understand, all indicators in the signals service are calculated on closed positions. It means that it is the data from the signals service that should be used, and there is no need to play with the last unclosed positions.

The highlighted by me in blue is much closer to the truth, but it cannot reliably show the complete statistics on trading decisions of participants. Full statistics can only include closed positions.

How about the fact that I will not knowingly close a loss on open positions, in the expectation of "cancelling" them? Signal service does not take them into account in indicators.
Reason: