trading with austerity

In MT5 Build 1085 Demo account:  the maximum amount of running Expert Advisors at the same time is 3, and each one with a different symbol: is that a new joke? ! !... and when the custom indicators are not

an " invalid EX5  file(12)"  it's a mystery! ! This all only since the update to the Build 1085!!!... very bad work,  indeed! 

JMRodMartins:

In MT5 Build 1085 Demo account:  the maximum amount of running Expert Advisors at the same time is 3, and each one with a different symbol: is that a new joke? ! !... and when the custom indicators are not

an " invalid EX5  file(12)"  it's a mystery! ! This all only since the update to the Build 1085!!!... very bad work,  indeed! 

There is no option to "edit", so I use "replay" to add following:  - with 3 advisors each one with a different symbol, everything is OK. On loading a 4. advisor on a new chart,  the Journal tab gets the message "16777216 bytes not available" and the Experts  tab gets the message "invalid EX5 file (12) "  for each custom indicator that the 4. EA uses!

16777216 Bytes, this are 16 GB... so many free memory on the heap  should the indicators of the 4. EA take ?!!.....

And but this is not a lack of memory!!!  Until update 1085 I could run 6 EAs, the same, with the same indicators,  at the same time, with no problem!

I can't understand what is different since update 1085: has the number of instances of custom indicators been limited? or something else... ....

JMRodMartins:

There is no option to "edit", so I use "replay" to add following:  - with 3 advisors each one with a different symbol, everything is OK. On loading a 4. advisor on a new chart,  the Journal tab gets the message "16777216 bytes not available" and the Experts  tab gets the message "invalid EX5 file (12) "  for each custom indicator that the 4. EA uses!

16777216 Bytes, this are 16 GB... so many free memory on the heap  should the indicators of the 4. EA take ?!!.....

And but this is not a lack of memory!!!  Until update 1085 I could run 6 EAs, the same, with the same indicators,  at the same time, with no problem!

I can't understand what is different since update 1085: has the number of instances of custom indicators been limited? or something else... ....

Please report this to the Service Desk

Thanks

Filter:
Please report this to the Service Desk

Thanks

I think, I got the cause of the problem. I have a 32-bit Windows 7 with 2 GB RAM.  Each EA uses about 10 custom indicators and some built-in indicators. First of all, I set " Max bars in Chart" to 10000 ( it was set by default to 100000). So I could load 4 EA's. Then I tested the use of memory by different configurations with the "ProcessExplorer", being connected to the server and with running EAs. ...

The use of RAM ( "Working Set") is meaningless: 5  Charts + 5 custom indicators + 1 EA use about  141 MB RAM; 4 EAs + 1 custom indicator uses about 197 MB RAM.  Important is the use of adress space, the virtual size of the process.  4 running EAs + 1 custom indicator + 2 standard indicators take about 1.7 GB adress space ( "Virtual Size")., and there is no problem with the memory!  But 5 EAs + 1 custom indicator take about 1.82 GB virtual size and get a memory exception! The program is then easily running out of adress space: a 32-bit Windows program get maximum 2 GB of adress space! I found, the virtual size of the program ( MT5 Build 1085 under these conditions) should not be greater then 1.75 GB...I guess I should have a 64-bit Windows to running 6 EAs together. Now I'll try to get 4 EAs running at the same time. ...

But some time later: with 1 Position ( only 1 Position!)  and 4 EAs, the "virtual size" of the program is 1.937. 196 K and it gets a memory exception!!!  So, I will run only 3 EAs! ...and report this to the Service Desk.

The problem is solved. Operating System needed some pick-me-up.... I did it using the command "bcdedit /set increaseuserva xxxxxx".  

JMRodMartins:

The problem is solved. Operating System needed some pick-up-me.... I did it using the command "bcdedit /set increaseuserva xxxxxx".  

Good to hear - and thanks very much for reporting back in case others have similar problems. Much appreciated :)
Reason: