Adviser Ivan - the best of ilan - page 3

USDJPY. First trade closed:

CCI_Byu_or_Sell USDJPY

Can we identify a big trend? Yes!

Is the exit being executed optimally? No!

Let's add CCI(13) - and here we can already see five places to add to the trend:

CCI_Byu_or_Sell USDJPY

Vladimir Karputov:

Let's add CCI(13) - and here we can already see five places to cut back pro-trend:

CCI_Byu_or_Sell USDJPY

I will now rewrite the visualizer based on this picture, i.e. entries by main CCI(100) and shares by auxiliary CCI(13)

Here are the signals for a Sell add-on

Strategy CCI(100) CCI(13)

and the likely exit point is the closing of all Sell positions.

Vladimir Karputov:

Here are the signals for a Sell add-on

and the likely exit point is the closing of all Sell positions.

Isn't it fun to go long on sell in oversold areas? :) There's a crook in the video from the DTS course who whispered a pointless and ruthless idea, and you're doing it for some reason.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
Is it cool to short sell in oversold areas? :)
I recommend watching the video first). Then have a look at the chart) and see two indicators: CCI(100) and CCI(13). CCI(100) is a global trend indicator, while CCI(13) just gives signals for re-entry (if you missed it and got out) or for scale in.

Vladimir Karputov:
First, I recommend watching the video). Then take a look at the picture) and see two indicators: CCI(100) and CCI(13). CCI(100) is a global trend indicator, and CCI(13) just gives signals for re-entry (if you missed it and went out) or for scale.
And the fact that no oscillator is designed to determine the trend does not bother you?

Vladimir Karputov:
First, I recommend watching the video). Then take a look at the picture) and see two indicators: CCI(100) and CCI(13). CCI(100) is a global trend indicator, and CCI(13) just gives signals for re-entry (if you missed it and went out) or for scale in.
Vladimir I think we should use the signals to sell when the indicator CCI(13) is above the 100 line, then we will enter on the peaks of the downtrend. For buying, respectively, vice versa

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
And the fact that no oscillator is designed to detect a trend is not confusing?
What makes you say that? They are even good at trend detection if you set a period of 100 or more

Sergey Gritsay:
Vladimir, I think to sell on the current pattern it is better to use signals when the CCI(13) indicator is above the 100 line then we will enter on peaks in a downtrend. It is vice versa for buying
Now I will correct the signal EA and we will be able to compare...

Sergey Gritsay:
What makes you say that? It's not even a bad determinant of a trend if you set the period to 100 or more.
It may detect a piece of flat of a larger sample, but not a trend and moreover its beginning or end, a senseless idea, but good luck) Maybe something will turn out not thanks to, but in spite of. :)
Reason: