Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 619

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The topic is old, but still read on, or maybe someone can suggest something new. I don't run scripts, and don't work with them at all)

Yeah. The information's pretty sparse. But thanks for that.

I will study those little opportunities provided by MQL.

Thank you very much. I will try to inform you when I see the results.

Should the SendFTP() function from the indicator work?

If not, where is it written?

Alexandr Ivanov:

Should the SendFTP() function from the indicator work?

If not, where is it written?

Functions Not Allowed by Indicators and Expert Advisors

Indicators, scripts and Expert Advisors are executable programs written in MQL4, which are intended for various tasks. Therefore, there are some limitations on the use of certain functions, depending onthe type of program. The following functions are prohibited in indicators:

All functions intended for indicators are prohibited in EAs and scripts:

Выполнение программ - Программы MQL4 - Справочник MQL4
Выполнение программ - Программы MQL4 - Справочник MQL4
  • docs.mql4.com
Каждый скрипт и каждый эксперт работает в собственном отдельном потоке. Все индикаторы работают в одном интерфейсном потоке терминала. Обработка тиков и синхронизация истории также производится в интерфейсном потоке. Если пользовательский индикатор вызван при помощи функции iCustom(), то этот индикатор работает в потоке вызвавшей его программы...

Thank you, kind man

Vitaly Muzichenko:

It is up to you how to work with the script. Wouldn't it be easier for you to create an EA rather than a script?

I also don't understand why people are so stubborn about writing a looped script instead of an EA with a timer?

Alexey Viktorov:

I also do not understand why people want to write a looped script instead of an EA with a timer?

it's simple, it's a question of communication, as they say in the West.

The matter is that some people who are new to MQL are already familiar with programming, where the word "script " means a fully functional program, and the word "function " means a shortened version of the full program.

This means that not all people start to read the MQL help in order to see the difference between the Expert Advisor, script and indicator, and they write questions using the word "script", which means the same thing to each of them.

the second problem is that people who don't speak programming languages before = the terminology can mean anything

communication is the problem ;)

order #393331604 sell stop 0.01 EURUSD at 1.1680

This is a log entry. How can I track this in the software?

Galim_V:

order #393331604 sell stop 0.01 EURUSD at 1.1680

This is a log entry. How can I track this in the trading software?

You are asking how do you know that a pending order has become a market order? - By looping orders by order type, the increase in the number of market orders relative to the previous tick will be a sign that the pending order has triggered

If the TS trades with a single order, then you will simply have a comparison of the number of market orders equal to ==1

Igor Makanu:

it's simple, it's a question of communication, as they say in the West.

The matter is that some people who are new to MQL are already familiar with programming, where the word "script " means a fully functional program, and the word "function " means a shortened version of the full program.

This means that not all people start to read the MQL help in order to see the difference between the Expert Advisor, script and indicator, and they write questions using the word "script", which means the same thing to each of them.

the second problem is that people who don't speak programming languages before = the terminology can mean anything

i.e. the problem is communication ;)

Sometimes this is exactly the case, I know about it... But in this case, after the suggestion to do not a script but an EA, this is what's in reply...

This is the forum for trading, automated trading systems and testing of trading strategies

Any questions newbies have on MQL4, help and discussion on algorithms and codes

Neverness, 2018.09.12 17:03

My understanding is that MQL doesn't have the ability to synchronise different modules.

Okay. Then here's a question. What if I put a button on the field, and plant a script on that button.

Is there such a possibility in MQL? Or there is no such a possibility either?

After all, somehow the script must be launched !!!

Igor Makanu:

You are asking how do you know if a pending order has become a market order? - by looping orders by order type, an increase in the number of market orders relative to the previous tick will be an indication that the pending order has triggered

If the TS trades with a single order, then you will simply compare the number of market orders to equal ==1

Thank you Igor. So the terminal does not leave any checkboxes for the program? And if I don't want to search for orders on every tick, I will have to invent conditions for that?

Reason: