Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 616

Artyom Trishkin:
bool ?

Yes. I meant to use a flag so that the template is not loaded on every tick. I should have added my thought)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Yes. I meant to use a flag so that the template is not loaded on every tick. I should have finished my thought)

I understand, but it was not said to me ;) So - it is desirable to specify - people went straight ahead...

Is it possible to output an int array to an input in some clever way?

Roman Sharanov:

Specifically?

Artyom Trishkin:

What's more specific?

I wanted to enter the numbers via comma.

I guess only through "string->partition to array->convert to int".

Roman Sharanov:

I wanted to enter the numbers via comma.

I guess only through "string->partition to array->convert to int".

File more.

I have the following question.

Run the terminal and an arbitrary quote chart on it. For example EUR/USD.

Attach a certain indicator to this chart. For example, an SMA indicator.

Run a script on this chart. For example a script that builds an ellipse ELLIPSSCRIPT.

Questions:

How to export values from the SMA indicator to ELLIPSSCRIPT ?

For example, how to export values of four ellipse coordinates (time, quote, time, quote) from an indicator into a script ?

Can I export array values and how to do it ?

How to describe exported values in indicator properties and how to describe imported values in script properties ?

neverness:

I have the following question.

Run the terminal and an arbitrary quote chart on it. For example EUR/USD.

Attach a certain indicator to this chart. For example, an SMA indicator.

Run a script on this chart. For example a script that builds an ellipse ELLIPSSCRIPT.

Questions:

How to export values from the SMA indicator to ELLIPSSCRIPT ?

For example, how to export values of four ellipse coordinates (time, quote, time, quote) from an indicator into a script ?

Can I export array values and how to do it ?

How to describe the exported values in the indicator properties and how to describe the imported values in the script properties ?

indicator gets data from indicator buffers

it is possible to receive all data from the script, expert, indicator; you have to know the name of the graphic item or go through all graphic items

universal method - data exchange via global variables of the terminal or a file

you cannot simply change input variables from another MQL-program

Roman Sharanov:

you can use a string and then enter numbers separated by commas, but I don't know how long the maximum string length is - you need to check it

Greetings Forman. I've started to learn mql. The task is to make an EA that will track the indicator's state and be able to send messages to a telegram chat. I do not understand how iCustom works. If I take the standard ATR indicator with only one ATR Period (14) value in its input parameters, and do the following

double test = iCustom(NULL, 0, "ATR", 14, 0, 1);

Then I will have ATR value sent to me at the current time. Right?

But after opening the source code of the ATR indicator, I can't understand which variable is displayed in this data window.

And if the variable in the data window is named Value 2 as in the image, and there is no such name in the source code. How can I understand what it refers to?

Can I use iCustom to get the values of other variables in the indicator that are not displayed in the data window?

Is there any way to make two OnTimer functions with different periods?
Reason: