Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1806

Artyom Trishkin #:

It's worth it to write yourself a framework once, and then build whatever you need from it, adding new algorithms without major rework.

Well, that's the height of skill))))

законопослушный гражданин #:

Yes. explained, I really don't understand why I need to "go through" all the bars?

I have a bar expressed in terms of opening and closing price. It gives a signal to open an order on the next bar.

I assumed that if I expressed the "signal bar" through time instead of price, I could simply add the required amount of time to it and "shift" the position opening time.

TimeCurrent()-PeriodSeconds(_Period)*5

Igor Makanu #:

How do you formulate your question?

so look for the bar where the last signal was - to set a strict check for the signal on bar #5 - is not the best option, imho - look for it in the loop, if you want, do the loop not for all bars, but for example from 1 to N

By the way: bar, by the way, is a universal solution - now you want on one TF to open an order in 15 minutes, then decide that it is needed on a higher TF in 2 hours - knowing the number of bar where the last signal was, you can immediately get and the time of this bar

what is it

INT_MAX

?

what is it

?

INT_MAX

Maximum value that can be represented by int type

MakarFX #:

INT_MAX

Maximum value that can be represented by int type

thanks

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

So this is the height of skill))))

There are a lot of people here on the forum who do that.

I'm a proponent of advisors who are as simple as AK-47s.

That's right. There is no need to complicate things where there is no particular need to do so.

Nerd Trader #:
Yes

and where to download? There is a default installation depending on the OS.

Alexey Viktorov #:
So MT4 x64 doesn't exist at all... Any x32 application can be installed on x64 OS

The 32 bit library kicks out when connected to the EA, so either it exists or you need to select the right setting in the compiler.

Alexey Viktorov #:
And any x32 application can be installed on x64

The 64-bit application is a 32-bit shared application, the only difference being that it uses two 32-bit pointers to give 64 bits. Amdahl's law and Moore's law states that processors will keep doubling, but there will be an end to this as well.

Reason: