Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1722

MakarFX #:

You need to take into account what knowledgeable people have written.

From the logic of your judgement, you are better off looking by opening time, i.e. the minimum ticket is opened before everyone else and the maximum ticket is opened later than everyone else.

This statement is not correct either.

Artyom Trishkin #:
This statement is not true either.
Why not?

Scarick #:

So if I sign 5 characters in the indicator, I can only work with all 5 characters through one OnBookEvent()? The main thing is only to filter by which symbol the change occurred?

Well, it's easier and faster to check than to wait for an answer from someone...

MakarFX #:
Why?
Because it is not guaranteed that the ticket increases with time. A smaller ticket may be later than a larger one.

MakarFX #:
Why?

Where is this explicitly stated? Just because your DC has respected it so far doesn't mean anything)

MakarFX #:

You would be better off looking by opening time, i.e. the lowest ticket is the earliest and the highest is the latest.

Judging by the quoted picture, the questioner wants the second highest bid, but not immediately the first.

the second one from the top of the current Bid will be the one he is looking for.

The number of the ticket and the time of opening don't matter, it's the price that counts (Oh, how surprising).

MakarFX #:

From the logic of your judgement, you are better off looking by opening time, i.e. the minimum ticket is opened before everyone else and the maximum ticket is opened later than everyone else.

I didn't try to find the beginning of your discussion, but having looked at one snapshot at the above link, I don't think it helps either... In some cases, an order opened at minimum or maximum price is considered last. Artyom has already said that this statement is not true either, I have only deciphered the reason...

Artyom Trishkin #:
Because the ticket is not guaranteed to increase with time. A smaller ticket may be later than a bigger one.

You misunderstood my recommendation. He does not need tickets at all, as he wants to close the first and last orders.

Artyom Trishkin #:
Because it's not guaranteed to increase the ticket from time. A smaller ticket may be later than a bigger one.

He already figured that out...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Any questions from newbies on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes

MakarFX, 2021.11.03 21:01

It doesn't have any pending orders but you're right anyway.

For that, it has a function to search for the last open

And the stopcock must have blown out...

And how easy it is to put together an array and sort by the right criterion. But for 100500 pages now, we've been strapping crutches to our heels.
Reason: