Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1476

ANDREY:
The timer does not work in MT4 in the tester, only in MT5. Sorry...didn't know it myself

MakarFX:
In MT4 the timer does not work in the tester, only in MT5. Sorry...didn't know it myself

Got it. Thanks.
Here's a thought for me..... there are several price simulation modes in the tester. By all ticks this is the longest and most costly mode for testing. On it, the tester "drives" slowly compared to other modes of ticks modelling.
Tell me, is it possible to change these modes in the EA code? For example, the mode at every tick in the block of opening orders and the mode by opening prices in the block of searching for the minimum?
Thank you.

ANDREY:

Got it. Thanks.
Here's a thought for me..... there are several price simulation modes in the tester. By all ticks this is the longest and most costly mode for testing. On it, the tester "drives" slowly compared to other modes of ticks modelling.
Tell me, is it possible to change these modes in the EA code? For example, the mode at every tick in the block of opening orders and the mode by opening prices in the block of searching for the minimum?
Thank you.

No

MakarFX:

no

Got it. Thank you.
And if I select the simulation mode - every tick, but I choose the timeframe not 1 minute but, say, 1 hour, will the program still process every tick?

ANDREY:

Got it. Thank you.
And if I select the simulation mode - every tick, but I choose the timeframe not 1 minute but, say, 1 hour, will the program still process every tick?

Yes

Just to let you understand, the ticks in the tester are not real, but generated.

MakarFX:

yes

Just so you understand, the ticks in the tester are not real ticks, they are generated ticks.

Got it. Thanks. I have no further questions on my question...... it seems to me.

good afternoon I CANNOT DOWNLOAD THE DEMO VERSION HELP WHAT IS WRONG(2021.05.20 18:06:55.763 MQL5 Market failed download product 'Bitcoin Robot'(www.mql5.com:443 send failed [426: ])

q797070:
good afternoon I can't load demo version, please advise what's wrong(2021.05.20 18:06:55.763 MQL5 Market failed download product 'Bitcoin Robot'(www.mql5.com:443 send failed [426: ])

Do you have MetaTrader 5 and 32bit operating system?

MakarFX:
How do you define the local minimum if it isn't checked at every tick or minute?

I thought for a long time..... and finally came up with the best option, in which it is not necessary to look for any minima before a local minimum is formed. I want to check it not before the local minimum, but after it. I wish it were possible to check Bid not at every tick.....

double LoU,LoY1,Pr;
void OnTick()
{
if (Low[1]>Low[2]&&Low[2]<LoY1)
{
LoU=Low[2];
LoY1=Low[2];
}
//**************************************************************
if (Bid-LoU>=0.0030&&Pr!=LoU)
{
OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.1,Bid, 3,0,0,"300",0);
Pr=LoU;
LoU=Bid;
LoY1=Bid;
}
}

ANDREY:

I thought for a long time..... and finally came up with the best option, in which it is not necessary to look for any minima before a local minimum is formed. I want to check it not before minima formation, but after. I wish I could invent another way to check Bid not at every tick.....

Anyway, it checks at every tick

and the calculation of the minimum is wrong... it rolls back two bars

Reason: