Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1305

Sergey:

Hello. The MarketInfo() function is used in mql4 to obtain the current market information. What function should I use to get MODE_LOTSIZE, MODE_TICKVALUE and MODE_TICKSIZE not for the current moment, but for the closing prices of bars in the history?

I'm sorry for God's sake, but I can't imagine a stupider question.

MODE_LOTSIZE

Contract size in the base currency of the instrument

ALWAYS 100k. But there are those perverts who have it as low as 10k.

MODE_TICKVALUE

The size of minimum change of instrument price in the currency of the deposit

ALWAYS depending on the instrument, but not on the current price.

MODE_TICKSIZE

Minimum step of security price change in points

And only it depends on the current price. And even from several current prices if it is a cross rates, like EURJPY or EURGBP, but there is no way to get it in mql4. And in mql5 as well.

Alexey Viktorov:

I'm sorry for God's sake, but I can't imagine a stupider question.

MODE_LOTSIZE

The size of the contract in the base currency of the instrument

ALWAYS 100 thousand. But there are those perverts who have it as low as 10k.

MODE_TICKVALUE

The size of minimum change of instrument price in the currency of the deposit

ALWAYS depending on the instrument, but not on the current price.

MODE_TICKSIZE

Minimum step of security price change in points

And only it depends on the current price. And even from several current prices if it is a cross rates, like EURJPY or EURGBP, but there is no way to get it in mql4. Neither can mql5.

Using which formula is it possible to calculate MODE_TICKSIZE of a cross if the prices of majors are known?

Sergey:

Which formula can be used to calculate the MODE_TICKSIZE of a cross if the prices of the majors are known?

so modticvelle specifies the value IN DEPOSIT VALUE

Sergey:

What formula can be used to calculate the MODE_TICKSIZE of a cross if the prices of the majors are known?

Oops... it's just maths, and I'm a little drunk right now and don't feel like racking my brain. Sorry...

Do you want to check the correctness of MODE_TICKSIZE or something more serious?

Good evening. Please help me find or write a simple open source Fibo Extension EA.

Alexandr Sokolov:

this is how modtikvelu indicates the value IN DEPOSIT VALUE

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Equity and Balance Graph

hrenfx, 2011.01.13 14:40

Unfortunately, a significant error is accumulated when using the current value of TiskValue to calculate the equity: the stronger are the changes in prices in the history, compared to the current ones, the worse is equity valuation.

For a much more accurate estimation of equity at each moment of the past, it is necessary to use its TickValue based on the readings of the majors at the moment of calculation.

The dickfix did not provide more details. You need a TickValue on the history.

What exactly are the readings of the majors to take and how are they to be linked into the formula?

Evening. The tester is swearing at this robot because the array is out of bounds, but I don't see how this is possible in principle. Where exactly is the error? The tester had 3 trades enough to close.
Files:
XI.mq4  37 kb

Alexandr Sokolov:

so motikvelu indicates the value IN DEPOSIT VALUE

What is a moticelu?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

What is modtiquelu?

MODE_TICKVALUE

... I was just too lazy to even copy it)

Sergey:
No further details of the dickfix have been written out. You need a TickValue on the history.

What exactly are the readings of the majors to take and how to relate them in the formula?

The historical rate of the pair of interest divided by the historical rate of the quote currency to the deposit currency.

Reason: