Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1235

How do I attach a third-party indicator to my robot, with the robot and indicator sharing the same coefficients?

VIX XIV:
How do I attach a third-party indicator to my robot, with the robot and indicator sharing the same coefficients?

With iCustom

Документация по MQL5: Технические индикаторы / iCustom
Документация по MQL5: Технические индикаторы / iCustom
  • www.mql5.com
[in]  Имя пользовательского индикатора. Если перед именем указан обратный слеш '\', то EX5-файл индикатора ищется относительно корневой директории индикаторов MQL5. Таким образом при вызове FirstIndicator"...) индикатор будет загружаться как MQL5\FirstIndicator.ex5. Если по этому пути файла не окажется, то возникнет ошибка 4802...

Can you tell me if the optimisation process sometimes "hangs" the graph. The passes in the table go and the image hangs:

MT5 terminal (2560)

Can not be corrected?

Can you tell me why when I place pending orders in mt5, on stock instruments, it constantly shows Invalid expiration? Here is a more detailed question in this thread: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/349591
Invalid expiration в отложенных ордерах. Как правильно выставлять?
Invalid expiration в отложенных ордерах. Как правильно выставлять?
  • www.mql5.com
Биржевой трейдинг: Invalid expiration в отложенных ордерах. Как правильно выставлять?

Hello!
Need help, can't figure it out.

I'm creatinga trend line by angle.
I want to know the price by time, it returns 0.
What's the problem?

Good afternoon,

I would appreciate if MT5 Gurus could give an expert opinion on the following: I have an EA developed on MT4 and implemented by myself, a person who understands modeling and statistical processing, but is not well versed in MT5.

a) If I leave it on MT4, I will lose the execution speed, because МТ5 is much faster, as the Internet community says;
b) if I transfer the Expert Advisor to MT5, because the Expert Advisor has a lot of compensating orders

b1) work in asynchronous mode of their opening, which may cause difficulties with tracking of corresponding trades and positions;
b2) there is an idea to combine them (compensation orders) and then close them partially, which, as I understand from discussions in the Forums, does not go so smoothly, despite assurances of MetaQuotes Ltd developers.

Sincerely.

Kirill.Tsibulsky:
Good afternoon,

I would be grateful if the MT5 Guru could give me an expert opinion on the following: I have an EA developed on MT4 and implemented by myself, who is an expert in modeling and statistical analysis but is not familiar with the intricacies of MT5.

a) If I leave it on MT4, I will lose the execution speed, because МТ5 is much faster, as the Internet community says;
b) if I transfer the Expert Advisor to MT5, because the Expert Advisor has a lot of compensating orders

b1) work in asynchronous mode of their opening, which may cause difficulties with tracking of corresponding trades and positions;
b2) there is an idea to combine them (compensation orders) and then close them partially, which, as I understand from discussions in the Forums, does not go so smoothly, despite assurances of MetaQuotes Ltd developers.

Respectfully.

If you have a Hedge account, work the same way in mt5 as you do in mt4.

Greetings. Could you please tell me something?

Is it possible to get the name of a variable instead of its value? For example, print the name of a variable.

Andrey Sokolov:

Greetings. Could you please tell me something?

Is it possible to get the name of a variable instead of its value? For example, print the name of a variable.

It's not clear what you want. The name of a variable is known if it is set by a user. If it is generated dynamically, you can insert flags into the name to search for it and try to search for variables with flags in the name. You cannot print the variable name and its value without knowing the variable name. It's like an index in an array. You must know it initially and you can't fetch it. I may be wrong, but if you need an index, I remember it when I search for it.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

It is not clear what you want. The name of the variable, if user defined, is known, if it is generated dynamically then insert flags to search in the name, and search variables with a flag in the name, read the text of the name and search for the desired one. And you cannot print the variable name and its value without knowing the variable name. It's like an index in an array. You must know it initially and you can't fetch it. I may be wrong, but if you need an index, I remember it when I search for it.

You need to get the name of the variable itself.