Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1067

Hello, can you please advise: I have an EA on mt4, with signal transfer by api key, if I change the values in the board, will trades be opened or should I reclose the terminal? I just do not know how to do it right, and I would not want to confuse everything, I only change the lot, there are few trades 1-5 per month from one pair, so I do not know if they open...
2) mt4 is on XP XP 2009, on VPS server, it's a bit pricey at 690 r., will the signals be transferring if i get the 2003 vin?

What is the name of the process that is responsible for outputting possible choices based on the first three characters

For example, I enter the first three characters of an input parameter...

di_

and I immediately get a list of variables whose names start with di_

My problem is that I downloaded the free Dev C++ development environment to learn C++, by default these tooltips don't pop up - and I want to customize them for convenience

Alexandr Sokolov:

What is the name of the process that is responsible for outputting possible choices based on the first three characters

For example, I enter the first three characters of an input parameter...

and I immediately get a list of variables whose names start with di_

My problem is that I downloaded the free Dev C++ development environment to learn the C++ language, by default these tooltips do not pop up - and I want to configure them for convenience

In VS2017 it's called IntelliSense.

VS2017 is also free, or rather VS2019

Igor Makanu:

in VS2017 it is called IntelliSense

Thanks

Igor Makanu:

in VS2017 it is called IntelliSense

Actually, it's called a completation - an addition/extension.

and IntelliSense is a marketing name from a well-known manufacturer of marketing names :-)

To the topic-starter: Dev-C++, for all its good qualities, has been dead for more than 5 years (maybe more than that). Check out CodeLight - a good free lightweight IDE

Maxim Kuznetsov:

it is actually called a completation/extension

and IntelliSense is a marketing name from a well-known manufacturer of marketing names :-)

I've been thinking, as I have for a long time now, what search term should I write to get the answer from google ))))

if i write intelliSense setting VS2017 , i'm pretty sure i'll get answers in the first results, but if i write completation setting VS2017 , then .... I will have to read 100500 incomprehensible topics

using established slang on the internet is at least practical - I think that even googling intelliSense setting Dev C++ should give answers to questions

Colleagues, suggest a possible algorithm for implementing the following script: (picture attached)

The script draws a horizontal line with the following information encoded in its name (hl_01.02.2020@1.10$1.10): line type (hl-horizontal line), line date (01.02.2020), price for yesterday (@1.10) and for today ($1.10), it means the line was created on February 1 and it was at the same price level for two days. Later, on February 3 I apply the script to the chart and specify a new price for that line in the input parameters (1.10), accordingly it is rebuilt and receives an appropriate name (hl_03.02.2020@1.20$1.10) and a vertical cross is created. Well, on Feb. 5 the new value is entered again and the line is rebuilt again.

The question is how to track the last available horizontal line and its parameters (hl_01.02.2020@1.10$1.10), to track them to compare the entered price and the last price of this line. I thought about using global variables, but they store only numeric values, so I need to somehow remember the name of the last drawn horizontal line, and then use regular expressions to get the information. Are there any ways or should I just write this name to a file and overwrite it every time?

To avoid questions about the expediency of it all-there will be a lot of lines, manually enter long and inconvenient, plus in the future I'm going to take input data from a remote source, I need help only in the implementation of the line rebuilding))

Files:

What could "sign mismatch" mean?

for (int i=1; i<= count_wave; i++)

If count_wave is replaced by a number, the warning disappears.

Viatcheslav Pashkov:

What could "sign mismatch" mean?

If count_wave is replaced with a number, the warning disappears.

the code is incomplete, you did not specify the type of count_wave , I suspect that this variable is of the uint or ulong type, which causes the compiler to warn that a comparison error may occur due to comparing a signed and a unsigned number

Igor Makanu:

the code is incomplete, you did not specify the type count_wave , I suspect that the type of this variable is uint or ulong - which causes a compiler warning that a comparison error may occur due to a comparison of a signed and unsigned number

right! thank you )

Reason: