Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1905

S_69 #:

Hi all!

How can I make all the charts in MT4 (and I have 9 of them open at the same time) switch quickly from light to dark background and back?

Is it necessary to make such a Christmas tree? Or will it be a light music?

Tretyakov Rostyslav #:

Orders are not opening on the chart!!!

You explain the essence of the problem. Is it necessary for one EA to open orders and the other to accompany?

I am a little confused by the term"chaperoning". Probably yes, if we mean that the second EA should send a signal to the host that the first EA has opened a position.

novichok2018 #:

The term 'accompanied' is a bit unclear.Probably yes, if you mean that the second EA has to send a signal to the host that the first EA has opened a position.

Then what is the problem? The second one does not want to send the signal?

P.S. What signal are we talking about? For copying trades or notification to the phone?

Tretyakov Rostyslav #:
Then what is the problem? The second one does not want to send a signal?

Positions opened manuallyby me on the chart, where the second EA is installed, are normally seen by the EA's owner. But the platform does not allow me to install my own EA in the same chart for automatic trading. I do not want to open positions manually, but they will be opened by my robot from another chart.

novichok2018 #:

Positions opened manuallyby me on the chart, where the second EA is installed, are normally seen by the EA's owner. But the platform does not allow me to install my own EA in the same chart for automatic trading. I do not want to open positions manually, but they will be opened by my robot from another chart.

It should be able to see it that way. I understand that the second EA is reporting your actions.

Tretyakov Rostyslav #:
So he should see it that way. My understanding is that the second EA is reporting your actions.

Not only that. He clearly sees the open position (manually), its stops and when it is closed. It is as if he is trading.

novichok2018 #:

Not only that. He clearly sees the open position (manually), its stops and when it is closed. It is as if it is trading.

The Expert Advisor is working with the trade server, and all changes in orders are requested on the server.

Roughly speaking: You have opened a position manually, the Expert Advisor on a new tick or by the timer asked the server the status of the account, got the answer from the server that the order is open, and then sent a message to the host.

Tretyakov Rostyslav #:

The Expert Advisor works with the trade server and all changes in orders are requested on the server.

Roughly speaking: You opened a trade manually, the Expert Advisor on a new tick or timer asks the server about the status of the account, gets a reply from the server that the trade is open and then sends a message to the host.

If this is the case, then the master of the EA sees other trades opened on other than his symbol, or rather changes in the account caused by them, while he should only see trades on his symbol.

novichok2018 #:

If this is the case, then the EA owner sees other trades opened not on his symbol, or rather account changes caused by them, while he should only see trades on his symbol.

If there is no request for his symbol such as if(OrderSymbol()=="EURUSD")

then he sees all trades.

Tretyakov Rostyslav #:

If his EA does not ask for a symbol like if(OrderSymbol()=="EURUSD")

then it sees all trades.

However, is it possible to add in the code, so that the EA opens a position (or reflects it) not on the chart where it is placed, but using the same symbol, but on a different one? Or it is not possible in principle?

Reason: