Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 923

Alexandr Sokolov:

No, I'm not. SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL is the minimum distance of SL or TP from the market price at the moment of setting or changing

And SYMBOL_TRADE_FREEZE_LEVEL prohibits changing of SL or TP levels, if the market price is closer to them at that moment than SYMBOL_TRADE_FREEZE_LEVEL

It's just that I am writing an EA whose strategy was originally recommended on M1 and SYMBOL_TRADE_FREEZE_LEVEL can prohibit to close part of an order

Create a custom symbol, with which you set the freeze level, and test on it for checks - docs take longer to find

Alexandr Sokolov:

No, I'm not. SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL is the minimum distance of SL or TP from the market price at the moment of setting or changing

And SYMBOL_TRADE_FREEZE_LEVEL prohibits changing of SL or TP levels, if the market price is closer to them at that moment than SYMBOL_TRADE_FREEZE_LEVEL

It's just that I am writing an EA whose strategy was originally recommended on M1 and SYMBOL_TRADE_FREEZE_LEVEL can prohibit to close part of an order

You are not the one who was told. Igor has admitted his mistake.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Any questions from beginners on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes

Igor Makanu, 2019.07.19 18:59

Well yeah mixed up, but in this particular case - order close is still not taken into account

here is a good table for using SYMBOL_TRADE_FREEZE_LEVEL

https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/2555#modify_in_freeze_level_prohibited

Igor Makanu:

I have no errors, only flaws! ))))

You'd better give Alexandr Sokolov an example to reproduce, if you want to help.... OK, do what you do ))))

Don't pick on the words. Let it be a flaw, I don't care.

Possible causes? on opening help when pressing F1 in ME.

Roman Shiredchenko:

Possible causes? on opening help when pressing F1 in ME.

It may be worth waiting - the help is being downloaded from the server. Then press F1 again. It will be fast from there.

Hello.

Could you please tell me how to set an icon at a fixed distance in pixels (not in pips) above/below a candlestick's extremum in MQL4 indicator code (as it is done in the standard Fractals indicator, I can't find its code anywhere).

Elena Baranova:

how this is done in the standard Fractals indicator, I can't find its code anywhere

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/30

Artyom Trishkin:

It may be worth waiting - the help is being downloaded from the server. Then press F1 again. It will be fast from there.

pressed several times.... and from different MEs from different paths and terminals and brokers...

Thank you )

Unfortunately, this method doesn't work in MQL4. The PlotIndexSetInteger(0,PLOT_ARROW_SHIFT,ExtArrowShift) function is absent in MQL4, as far as I know.

I do not know how this shift can be implemented in MQL4 and I haven't found the MQL4 code either :(

Maybe you have a similar link for MQL4?

Reason: