MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 70

St0nE:

The EA compiles, everything is OK... When I run it in the Strategy Tester, it doesn't trade, it keeps crashing in the logs:

2013.11.25 10:42:15.329 2008.01.03 11:59 array out of range in 'Procedure.mq4' (331,25)

Going to source, it swears at this line:

In 509th everything works...

Should I do this in my own place or is there something in the terminal?

You are out of range of the array. Look for where the index becomes larger than the size of the array itself. In 509 it worked - I turned a blind eye. Everything is much stricter now.

alexey_pak:

Can you attach a screenshot, and specify the build and OS version

Operating system - Windows 7 x64

MT4 build 547

As an example I have signed parameters of advisor, which is a part of MT4.

input double TakeProfit    =50;  // Тейк Профит
input double Lots          =0.1; // Объём
input double TrailingStop  =30;  // Трейлинг стоп
input double MACDOpenLevel =3;   // Уровень открытия
input double MACDCloseLevel=2;   // Уроветь закрытия
input int    MATrendPeriod =26;  // Период тренда

When we add EA to a chart (variables are replaced by comments from the code, which is very convenient!):

When we go to Expert Advisor settings in the Strategy Tester (variables have original names from the code):

It would be good to make this an option in the MT settings. To replace parameter names with comments or not.

The 548 build has been released, everyone is requested to update.

Renat:
Released 548 build, please update.

By the way, about the update.

why is the terminal behaving so strangely?

The terminal starts, I see the new version is being downloaded, and once downloaded, the terminal does not offer to reboot or notify me about the new build.

maybe a window about the new version would be helpful?

sergeev:

By the way, about the update.

why is the terminal behaving so strangely?

terminal starts, i see a new version is being downloaded. after downloading, the terminal does not offer to reboot and does not inform about the new build.

maybe a window about the new version would be helpful?

There seems to be a message in the log: LiveUpdate finished. This means you can now restart the terminal.

Renat:
The 548 build has been released, everyone please update.
For many updates, the same problem persists. Terminal run /portable, Win7 32. Terminal folder is local D:\NewMT4\, permissions assigned, owner is me as administrator, I don't run terminal as administrator. After starting the terminal, I press F4 - journal entry: 2013.11.26 14:30:33.847 MetaEditor not found. I press F4 again after 5 - 10 seconds and the editor starts, and everything is fine.

ForexMoneyMaker:

There seems to be a message in the log: LiveUpdate finished. This means that you can now restart the terminal.

I mean the dialog box with this explicit suggestion. what does it have to do with the log

artmedia70:
The same problem has persisted for many updates. I run terminal on /portable, Win7 32. Terminal folder is local D:\NewMT4\, rights assigned, owner is me as administrator, terminal is not run as administrator. After starting the terminal, I press F4 - journal entry: 2013.11.26 14:30:33.847 MetaEditor not found. I press F4 again after 5 - 10 seconds and the editor starts, and everything is fine.

Is UAC enabled?

Does it always happen or only the first time after the update?

sergeev:

I mean the dialog box with that explicit sentence. What's that got to do with the magazine?
Maybe we can make it like in MT5, but I can't guarantee it.

Nemser:

Operating system - Windows 7 x64

MT4 build 547

For example I signed parameters of advisor, which comes with MT4.

When we add EA to chart (variables replaced by comments from code, what is very convenient!):

When we go to settings of the EA in the Strategy Tester (variables have original names from the code):

It would be good to make this an option in MT settings. To replace parameter names with comments or not.

Fixed in new build, wait for update
Reason: