Can't access metaeditor

I heard MT4 was portable, so I recently downloaded MT4 onto my external so that I can work on code while I'm not on my home desktop. I can access the terminal and charts fine, but I can't access meta editor. Pressing f4/clicking on it in the terminal doesn't bring anything up, and if I try to open it via opening the source file in the broker/mql4/indicators folder, it asks me to find the program to open it with. I did notice the first time I opened up the folders on my external to open the MT4 terminal that it seemed like metaeditor was there for a second, and then disappeared/removed itself? I'm wondering if this has something to do with how mt4 seems to be storing data in the extremely complicated users/app/roamingdata/whatever location as opposed to the actual MT4 folder, but either way I don't have a solution for it. Any ideas?

twentytwoo:
I heard MT4 was portable, so I recently downloaded MT4 onto my external so that I can work on code while I'm not on my home desktop. I can access the terminal and charts fine, but I can't access meta editor. Pressing f4/clicking on it in the terminal doesn't bring anything up, and if I try to open it via opening the source file in the broker/mql4/indicators folder, it asks me to find the program to open it with. I did notice the first time I opened up the folders on my external to open the MT4 terminal that it seemed like metaeditor was there for a second, and then disappeared/removed itself? I'm wondering if this has something to do with how mt4 seems to be storing data in the extremely complicated users/app/roamingdata/whatever location as opposed to the actual MT4 folder, but either way I don't have a solution for it. Any ideas?
Please post MT4-related questions on the MT4 forum.
MQL4: automated trading forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL4: automated trading forum
Reason: