Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 20

Renat:
Put a proxy in Internet Explorer and try again, please.

I don't have any proxies :) None at all.

Thanks, already installed everything, just running the installer at a different (apparently more convenient for it :))

Seems to be fine, but... It's still wrong :)

-If I previously downloaded a complete setup, I myself controlled both the download error and the time when I start the installation, but now everything is given to this "downloader installer" who does not even bother to tell me exactly what he's doing and where and what he has problems ...

Of course, the days of dialup are gone, but even with stable DSL there are sometimes problems with multistep installers... Often... I don't know why everyone is so obsessed with them.

Shai:

I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with them.

The reason is exactly the same: to avoid using outdated versions. Webinstallers solve this problem very efficiently, without creating a long tail of all sorts of old versions.

When you're faced with the task of mass upgrading and keeping up with the latest versions of millions of programs, you'll understand.

It took us a whole year of MT4 updates to methodically bring the situation to 99% share of 5xx builds. If we had left the old installers in place, we would never have achieved this.

The most (for me) unpleasant feature of MQL4 is that an array is not allowed as a set of external variables.

This: extern int m [ 10]; is wrong, but I would like it very much.

If it is a problem for developers, it would be good to make the order "comment" parameter modifiable, as it is done for Take Profit and Stop Loss.

vasja07:

The most (for me) unpleasant feature of MQL4 is that an array is not allowed as a set of external variables.

This: extern int m [ 10]; is wrong, but I would like it very much.

If it is a problem for developers, it would be good to make the order "comment" parameter modifiable, as it is done for Take Profit and Stop Loss.

Who prevents you from collecting external variables in an array? I have almost all MQL4 programs set up that way.

vasja07:

This: extern int m[10]; is wrong, but I would like it very much.

If it is a problem for developers, the "comment" parameter of an order would be well worth making modifiable, as it is done for Take Profit and Stop Loss.

And who prevents us from specifying the array data (the more so, int) as a comma separated string?

extern string Periods="1,5,15,43200"; ?

sergeev:

And who prevents you from specifying the array data (especially as int) as a comma-separated string?

extern string Periods="1,5,15,43200"; ?

Yes, this is the solution. Only I don't need to "set data", I need to pass multiple variable values from tick to tick.

My comment about the "modifiable order 'comment' parameter" still stands, if it were modifiable, no external array would be needed.

vasja07:

Yes, this is the solution. Only I don't need to "set data", I need to pass multiple variable values from tick to tick.

My comment about the "modifiable order 'comment' parameter" still stands, if it were modifiable, no external array would be needed.

Perhaps, you don't need external variables, but terminal variables for data exchange? - You can create arrays from them, if you want. However, it would be preferable to be able to create "terminal arrays", it would help to simplify the code.
About modifiable comments to the orders I fully support, but this is likely to load the servers.

Thanks for the reminder, this should make the walk even easier.

vasja07:

I don't need to "set data", I need to transmit

Where do I pass it to? Who receives it?

My comment about the "modifiable 'comment' parameter of the order" remains valid

unlikely

sergeev:

where to pass on? who gets it?

EXAMPLE.

The trading strategy involves working with Pairs of orders. Order O1 needs to know the ticket of his "partner" O2. Order O2 must know the ticket of his "partner" O1. The best place to fix this information is in the order comments, it does not need to be written to the hard disk, it does not need to be pulled from the external (or global) ticket-array, it does not need to be located in the ticket-array.
Reason: