Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 16

How come a few months ago some EAs were compiling in MT4 without any errors, but now this pops up (see below) I meant MT4 terminal /Ver:4.00 build 509/ This is the latest version in alpari.is not clear
What do I do?

Please explain, since the new MT5 compiler understands programs written in the updated MQL4 language, is it possible to run them on MT5 or not? I tried, but the saved mq4 EAs are not displayed in the MT5 navigator. Will an EA written in the new MQL4 work on MT5?

peterkonow:
Please explain, since the new MT5 compiler understands programs written in the updated MQL4 language, is it possible to run them on MT5 or not? I tried, but the saved mq4 EAs are not displayed in the MT5 navigator. Will an EA written in the new MQL4 work on MT5?
No, Expert Advisors are incompatible because of the different ideology of the trading architecture.

alexbHOME:
How come a few months ago some EAs were compiling in MT4 without any errors, but now this is what is popping up (see below) I meant MT4 terminal /Ver:4.00 build 509/ This is the latest version in alpari.
What do I do?
Do not use decompiled code.

Renat:
Not to use decompiled code.

But the code was not decompiled, it was written by me from start to finish, according to my own algorithm? Am I being accused of plagiarism, or what? This is similar to Americans' claims to Russian /or other: Egyptian, Iraqi, Libyan, Syrian, etc./ democracy: you are guilty only because I want to eat (Grandpa Krylov's fable). Do I have to justify myself to anyone? Should I defend my code at the NTSC, at the Scientific Council, or write an article in our or a foreign journal? Don't you think it's a bit absurd?

alexbHOME:

But the code was not decompiled, it was written by me from start to finish, according to my own algorithm? Am I being accused of plagiarism, or what? This is similar to Americans' claims to Russian /or other: Egyptian, Iraqi, Libyan, Syrian, etc./ democracy: you are guilty only because I want to eat (Grandpa Krylov's fable). Do I have to justify myself to anyone? Should I defend my code at the NTSC, at the Scientific Council, or write an article in our or a foreign journal? Don't you think it's a bit absurd?

Why are you attacking people at once? You have to look into it and find the cause. Most likely, decompiled code protection is triggered, when decompiling, variables are assigned names like gi_xx, gd_xx (global, where xx are ordinal numbers) li_xx, ls_xx, ld_xx(local variables, where xx are ordinal numbers). There are other mechanisms for defining decompiled codes. See if you assign names to variables from this area. By the way, I think functions are named f0_xx when decompiling.

Of course, I don't agree with these kinds of protection either, because bans need to be stipulated in the standard, and they don't want to stipulate them because it's protection!

alexbHOME:

But the code was not decompiled, it was written by me from start to finish, according to my own algorithm? Am I being accused of plagiarism, or what? This is similar to Americans' claims to Russian /or other: Egyptian, Iraqi, Libyan, Syrian, etc./ democracy: you are guilty only because I want to eat (Grandpa Krylov's fable). Do I have to justify myself to anyone? Should I defend my code at the NTSC, at the Scientific Council, or write an article in our or a foreign journal? Don't you think it seems a bit absurd?

Dear Sir, the compiler has written to you in English that the code is not yours and you have nothing to do with it, as well as that you are trying to take advantage of someone else's work for free ...

Even novice programmers, 3 days old, know what this message from the compiler means ... So you'd better not start talking about your authorship ....

Barbarian:

Why are you attacking people at once? We need to figure it out and find the reason. Most likely, decompiled code protection is triggered, during decompilation variables are assigned names like gi_xx, gd_xx (global, where xx are ordinal numbers) li_xx, ls_xx, ld_xx (local variables, where xx are ordinal numbers). There are other mechanisms for defining decompiled codes. See if you assign names to variables from this area. By the way, I think functions are named f0_xx when decompiling.

Of course I don't agree with these kinds of protections either, because bans need to be stipulated in the standard, and they don't want to stipulate them because it's protection!

Thanks, I really did have such identifiers. Removed them and it all went away. Thanks again, you know what you're saying.

VOLDEMAR:

Dear Sir, the compiler has written to you in English that the code is not yours and you have nothing to do with it and also that you are trying to use for free, someone else's work ...

Even novice programmers, 3 days old, know what this compiler message means ... So you'd better not start talking about your authorship ....

Response:

My dear, I've been writing prog for 40 years already (TsUP, Korolev). And I was PhD in engineering for 30 years already, so my English is all right. I've never de-compiled mql4, but you're good at it, apparently :) The word "also" here is written with an "a", or you're not using somebody's handiwork:) I started writing programs back in the Nairi autocode, in PL/1, in Fortran. And the machines were "Nairi", BESM-4, BESM-6, EC-1020 up to EC-1066 (the SVR operating system), then "Elbrus". Have you ever even heard of such a thing?

alexbHOME:

Dearest, I've been writing software for 40 years.

Dear, if you continue to present the topic of your decompilation as "I'm D'Artagnan and you all suck", you will go to ban.

I suggest you keep your experience for development and not to demagogue on the subject "written by me from start to finish".

Reason: