What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 52

ivandurak:
When are they going to start giving the tasty treats? It's like tying a hungry man by the leg and putting a cutlet so he can't reach it. It's a bit of subtle sadism.

I join in the question. When can we get a feel for this miracle? My eye is already twitching with impatience.

ivandurak:
And when do they start giving the tasty treats? It's like tying a hungry person by the leg and putting a cutlet so he can't reach it. It's a bit of subtle sadism.

Next week we are going to upload MetaEditor + MQL Compiler test compilation in the zip archive without the terminal. This is a single IDE that supports MQL4/MQL5 and C/C++ compilation (if VS C++ compiler is available).

The main task in the first stage of testing is to collect as much feedback and bugs from the developers on the compiler's performance as possible.

The test terminal won't be available until September at the earliest.

Renat:

Next week we will post MetaEditor + MQL Compiler test compilation in zip archive without terminal. This is a single IDE that supports MQL4/MQL5 and C/C++ compilation (if VS C++ compiler is available).

So it will work with the studio ?

FAQ:

So, will it work with the studio?

No.

MetaEditor by 5 can already compile C/C++ if it detects Visual Studio 2005/2008/2012 installed:

You can build the simplest C/C++ libraries directly in the editor without switching to Visual Studio.

Renat:

No.

MetaEditor by 5 can already compile C/C++ if it detects Visual Studio 2005/2008/2012 installed:

You can build the simplest C/C++ libraries directly in the editor without switching to Visual Studio.

I'm drooling as I read this. Why not R? What does it have to do with C? Is there even one model in C? What does C have to do with the definition of a pose?

And why there will be no illuminated brackets in metaeditor4, all the shitty editors have it, but your megacool one could not do it :((

And sorting windows in MetaEditor4 leaves much to be desired, only three settings, and for the vertical arrangement of windows, relevant to widescreen monitors, you can not make a menu item, try it yourself - if three windows, then fine, but 4 or 5 windows - it's already some nonsense comes out.

It's all sad.....

And you can do that in the profile of MetaTrader4 to change the trading symbol on all the charts at once? And then you have to save it under a new profile and that's all :)

As a first-timer in MT4, I'm more interested in all sorts of handy little things that present information more clearly. And this coolness of yours, well, you need 10 local programmers and a hundred across the planet and that's it.

Especially since winapi functions even 5 years ago could be used in mku4 code without any problems, I don't know.......

You may have missed the point of what is announced: ME4 will become the same as ME5. Everything you are talking about is there.

Question to the moderators: "Why has the test module started working intermittently in mq4: When compiling the EA, the mq4 file is not overwritten on disk, and ex4 file is not created at all. If it is created, the time and date of the file will not change at all, until you delete the ex4 file. If you want to write the EA file on a flash drive to be transferred to another computer, it writes some old version? I have to copy the EA code into a text file and transfer it that way. This all started around June 2013. Can anyone give a full answer?

webwm:

Question to the moderators: "Why has the test module started working intermittently in mq4: When compiling the EA, the mq4 file is not overwritten on disk, and ex4 file is not created at all. If it is created, the time and date of the file will not change at all, until you delete the ex4 file. If you want to write the EA file on a flash drive to be transferred to another computer, it writes some old version? I have to copy the EA code into a text file and transfer it that way. This all started around June 2013. Can anyone give a full answer?

Check the working directories, please. Most likely because of UAC the working directory is not in Program Files.
Reason: