What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 15

sergeev:

new analyst on the forum.

Even Renat didn't see it coming, and he did. ;)

Yes, yes, yes! Let him give me a link with proof! Because... it's easy to be a prophet... in hindsight...

;-))

sergeev:

A new analyst on the forum.

He just works in forex! Everyone there is a little bit of a telepath :)

And by the way, neither did I: MT5 is about to go bust! )))

Renat:

Please add a "Recovery Factor" column to the Optimisation results, which would save us the constant hassle of having to deal with Excel.

Renat:

• https://www.mql4.com/ru/search#!keyword=dll&module=mql4_module_articles
I asked about the new version, which is discussed in this thread, whether the scheme for working with DLL will remain the same or something will have to change, why do I need a search query, or do you think that the person asking about the scheme of interaction with DLL can not use search? It seems that a specific question needs a specific answer and I didn't ask how to implement it, the question concerns already working and long written software, and I asked directly about the mechanism of this interaction and the immutability of its principle ...
For example a pointer to a variable of a given type gets an error when returning a value from the DLL into it, and a pointer to a single array of the same type works in the same case without problems, so I asked...

TheLiteShadow:
For example, a pointer to a variable of a given type will cause an error when returning a value from the DLL to it, while a pointer to a single array of the same type works in the same case without any problems, so I asked...
The documentation has a clear answer to this question: to change the value of a variable, you must declare it as an array with a single element, which is passed by pointer.

sergeev:

New analyst on the forum.

:-))) - "and the snow didn't know and fell"

Let's just say "Renat" read METAUOTES knew and understood perfectly well that MT4 would remain and even evolve.

And those who are not able to analyze, business, raised a howl about the death of mt4. How much nonsense was written on the subject, it's scary.

The fact that mt4 will not die was clear from the start, having felt mt5. Moreover, the structure is well established (the MT4 platform - we understand), even the MQL5 site has been created as a separate entity.

Business brought and is still bringing maximum profit to brokers exactly on MT4 platform... anyone who can analyse and understand how this business is structured cannot fail to understand this.

MT5 and MT4 are different products. Consequently MT4 could not die and could not not evolve.

I have long said that MT4 will continue to live on !

this is just one of the recent links where I wrote about it - http://www.profi-forex.org/journal/number17/page8.html

I hasten to point out straight away: MT4 will continue to exist, in fact MT5 only extends the product line from Metaquotes and is not meant to replace MT4.

The developers on their website say: You can continue to trade on the terminal MetaTrader 4,

without fear that its support will be discontinued with the official release of the new MetaTrader 5 platform.

--- end of quote

so Renat knew.

also here a little bit http://forum.masterforex-v.org/index.php?showtopic=27258

I wrote something in the private part of the forum http://www.masterforex-v.org - http://forum.masterforex-v.org that's why I can't give you the link.

I didn't say that I was expecting such an expansion, but I just said it would be good for it to happen.

--

JJerboa:

It's just that he works in forex! Everybody there is a little bit telepathic :)

And by the way, so am I: MT5 is about to be screwed! )))

Yes in trading - it's important to be able to think a few bars ahead :-)))

i think you're wrong about mt5, but it's possible that sooner or later we'll get it all in one package

geez, if it happens - i'll have to remember this link :-)))

MetaDriver:

Yes, yes, yes! Let him post a link with proofs! It's easy to be a prophet... in hindsight...

;-))

well, links cited, hence the comments are irrelevant ...

I can give you ashes from a fresh fire

Scriptong:
The documentation has a clear answer to this question: to change the value of a variable, you must declare it as a single-item array, which is passed by pointer.

This is not a question, but a note, because this method in "normal" programs works, while the question above is whether there will be changes, people, I beg you, do not read between the lines, there is a specific question, and I want to get an answer from the developer, and not a parcel of old articles, again, for tankers :)), I think I learned to use the search, about 20 years ago :)))...

Renat, will the string data type be changed ? Are there plans to convert MT4 to Unicode? If yes, then there will be problems with serviceability of old DLL for MT4 working with ANSI strings. If not - problems with writing universal mql5/4 code.

Since this is an update, my personal opinion is that this should all happen with the introduction of templates in the language. I looked in the std library the other day, some things don't look good without them.

MetaDriver:

Are there plans to translate MT4 to Unicode?

No. Because only the terminal is changed, the server is not touched.

If not, difficulty in writing universal mql5/4 code.

Show me an example.
Reason: