What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 4

Will there be a debugger on four? Profiler?

Renat:
That's his way of visualising his desires.
That's what I thought for some reason. Like he decided to illustrate the watchful eye of his competitors. )

MetaDriver:
Will there be a debugger on four? A profiler?
We haven't thought about a debugger yet, but a profiler is more likely.

So, little by little, all the other features from MT5 will migrate to MT4, it's just a matter of time ) As they say, if the mountain will not come to Mohammed ... )

Renat:

.....Для этого мы разработали единый компилятор, который автоматически поддерживает оба языка MQL4 и MQL5. MetaEditor тоже становится единым для обоих платформ MetaTrader 4 и MetaTrader 5. С его помощью можно компилировать как MQL4, так и MQL5 из любой версии.....

Renat:

We haven't thought about a debugger yet, but a profiler is more likely.

I want a single code editor with maximum functionality! ))) From the first comment I thought it would be...

zenz:

I want a single code editor with maximum functionality! ))) From the first comment, I thought that would be the case...
The editor will be unified, taken from MT5. It will just become MetaEditor without numbers. And there will be one compiler for two languages.

papaklass:

Excuse me for my persistence, but here is the "pecking order" that is happening.

In batch processing (e.g. opening orders for 5 instruments), if some part of the batch is lost when the order is sent, then the entire batch is not executed, i.e. all five orders are not executed. With sequential orders, each order for each symbol is sent as a separate packet, so if one of the five is lost, the other 4 will be executed. The important thing is to execute all of them at the same time or not at all.

Maybe I don't see or understand something. If it is not difficult, please explain.

You don't have to fool yourself here.

The "all or nothing" package in electronic orders will never be executed by anyone in their right mind, and even on retail. Why would anyone take the hassle out of it when things are changing around in a fraction of a second. After all, extreme toxicity and arbitrage will be slipped in, for that is all that bundling is for 99% of the time.

Will there be a Beta release or will it be an instant upgrade again ?

papaklass:

Excuse me for my persistence, but here is the "pecking order" that is happening.

In batch processing (e.g. opening orders for 5 instruments), if some part of the batch is lost when the order is sent, then the entire batch is not executed, i.e. all five orders are not executed. With sequential orders, each order for each symbol is sent as a separate packet, so if one of the five is lost, the other 4 will be executed. The important thing is to execute all of them at the same time or not at all.

Maybe I don't see or understand something. If it is not difficult, please explain.

Failure to execute orders due to "lost package" seems to me something unrealistic. Compared with many other reasons for opening orders in one instrument and not opening at the same time in other instruments. And to make a multi-instrumental interdependence of opening/non-opening ("all or nothing" as in your case), absolutely no one ever will.

--

I don't give a shit about your problems... I wish I could at least get a mutually synchronised history (graphs without holes) here...... ))))

By the way, there is a great temptation to drag the history base as M1 (including the spread) into MetaTrader 5 and close a lot of problems with the historical data.
Reason: