Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 867

Then I need to get the symbol of the active symbol.

Symbol() returns the symbol of the financial instrument to which the Expert Advisor is attached. In the AUDUSD chart (symbol) it will be AUDUSD , in NZDUSD it will be NZDUSD.

The tool on which the expert was launched?

tara:

The programme window is called the terminal. The terminal contains charts (tools). Each graph (tool) can have several windows. What do you make of all this nonsense?

As far as I understand, he wants to find the symbol of the active chart with an EA running on any other chart.

evillive:

As far as I understand, he wants to find an active chart with an EA running on any other chart.

Rather the opposite - to get the instrument on which the EA has been run.

No, once again. Here is an example

Symbol() returns the symbol of the financial instrument, to which the Expert Advisor is attached. On the AUDUSD chart (symbol) it will be AUDUSD , on NZDUSD it will be NZDUSD.

As far as I understand, he wants to find the active chart symbol using an EA running on any other chart.

correct wording)))

tara:

Rather the opposite - to get the tool on which the Expert Advisor has been run.

pycha:

Then I need to get the symbol of the active instrument.

On the AUDUSD chart (symbol) it will be AUDUSD , on NZDUSD it will be NZDUSD.

It means, if GBPUSD tab is active, but Expert Advisor(s) are working on other charts, then all of them should return GBPUSD, icon of the active chart. The problem can be solved only through WinAPI, IMHO.

Is it really a tool of the current open chart:) ?

Yeah. If it's vinapi, too bad.

I thought it would be nice to relieve them and redraw only the window that is currently active and visible. the rest of them will not redraw until a user switches to them
Reason: