Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 755

gince:
Tried the file folder as well, but it's the same. How much does the size matter?
Did you just rename the file? Or did you convert it to ico format?

_new-rena:

compare and contrast... In my opinion the MA works more accurately (compare - at what price the signal actually arrived (crosses)):

According to your filter the signal will be the other way round, then you can apply...

The signal doesn't come on crosses, in my tactic the signal comes when the indicator changes speed. It's simpler: before turning, the indicator first changes its speed, which is predictable for this particular indicator, and only then does it turn. You can catch the change in velocity with a "momentum" indicator with period 1 by feeding the filter values to its input. The screenshot shows the amplitude-frequency characteristics of the Elliptic (in blue) and SMA (in green). Arguments for elliptic: For the same delay - see previous screen, elliptic does not distort the signal at pass frequencies, decreases amplitude of oscillations in the delay band by 100 times(-40 dB), more close to ideal frequency response. The moving average filters the noise worse, the amplitude of high-frequency oscillations is reduced by a factor of only 5 in the delay band.

In the new version, the terminal is installed on the C:\ drive. This is due to increased security. But a system crash followed by formatting the C:\ drive and reinstalling the system is a more real danger than remotely stealing data from the computer. In this case, all terminal settings, Expert Advisors, as well as source code and files created by Expert Advisors are lost! It is clear that timely archiving would help here, but it is too troublesome. Is it possible to install the terminals on the D:\ drive so that all its directories are also on D:\?

ssn1:

In the new version, the terminal is installed on the C:\ drive. This is due to increased security. But a system crash followed by formatting the C:\ drive and reinstalling the system is a more real danger than remotely stealing data from the computer. In this case, all terminal settings, Expert Advisors, as well as source code and files created by Expert Advisors are lost! It is clear that timely archiving would help here, but it is too troublesome. Is it possible to install the terminals on the D:\ drive so that all its directories are also on D:\?

Save your codes in the MQL5 Storage and you will not have any hard drive crashes. Plus you can access your codes from anywhere in the world, all you need is a PC terminal.

ssn1:

In the new version, the terminal is installed on the C:\ drive. This is due to increased security. But a system crash followed by formatting the C:\ drive and reinstalling the system is a more real danger than remotely stealing data from the computer. In this case, all terminal settings, Expert Advisors, as well as source code and files created by Expert Advisors are lost! It is clear that timely archiving would help here, but it is too troublesome. Is it possible to install terminals on D:\ drive, so all its directories are also on D:\?

You can install the terminal like any other program on any partition and in any folder, but some files will still be written in C (updates, help, etc.). Run with shortcut with /portable key so that all user files and settings will be saved in the folder where the terminal is installed.

barabashkakvn:
Save your codes in MQL5 Storage and you won't have any hard drive crashes. Plus you can access your codes from anywhere in the world, all you need is a PC terminal.

This is not an option for me.

First of all, my EAs are adding data to their files every second - if the system crashes, the data will be lost. The Expert Advisor only writes to its own sandbox - the terminal data directory.

Secondly, I somehow do not believe in the reliability of cloud storage ...

Still, how to install terminal to D:\ drive or at least reassign its data directory from C:\ to D:\?

evillive:

You can install the terminal like any other program on any partition and in any folder, but some files will still be written in C (updates, help, etc.). Run with the /portable shortcut so that all user files and settings will be saved in the folder where the terminal is installed.

Thanks!!!

ssn1:

This is not an option for me.

First of all, my EAs are adding data to their files every second - if the system crashes, the data will be lost. The Expert Advisor only writes to its own sandbox - the terminal data directory.

Secondly, I somehow do not believe in the reliability of cloud storage ...

Still, how can I install Terminal to D:\ drive or at least reassign its data directory from C:\ to D:\?

The repository is just for storing mql4/mql4 codes and pictures and sounds. Been using it since it became available. Very handy.

barabashkakvn:
The repository is just for storing mql4/mql4 codes and pictures and sounds. I have been using it since it became available. It is very convenient.
I am used to my own archiving system.

ssn1:
I am used to my own archiving system.
I have already survived safely with the Keeper: the destruction of the hard drive on my PC, the failure of my laptop. And I haven't lost a single byte of my code. The Vault is convenient.
Reason: