Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 362

ALXIMIKS:

Are you kidding me? Dashed lines have no thickness other than standard (and in the documentation somewhere was written, I can not specify the place, but I remember that I read)

We prove:

1) throw in a normal mask

2) enter "Colours" properties

3) set line type - dashed line

4) Select thickness 2-5.

Result - a dotted line becomes a normal line.

Well, that's what I'm writing without the dotted line.

XuMuk:
Hi all!!! Tried to write a simple expert myself. But some problem arises that I don't understand. Here's a simple oscilloscope I picked up in a book. I compile it and nothing is displayed. Although, if you put "-" instead of division in the while loop, everything works.

There you go, it even draws

#property indicator_buffers 1
#property indicator_separate_window
extern int Period_valroc=10;
double Line0[];
int init()
  {
   SetIndexBuffer(0,Line0);
   SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE,STYLE_SOLID,2,Magenta);

return(0);
  }

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Custom indicator iteration function                              |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
int start()
  {
   int    i,Counted_bars=1000+Period_valroc;
    for (i=Counted_bars-1-Period_valroc; i>=0;i--)
      {
        Line0[i]=100*(Close[i]/Close[i+Period_valroc]);
//        i--;
      }
//----
   return(0);
  }

purple your turkey)))

Evening.

I decided to download the history, there was only one year of USD|JPY.

It turned out to be a bad idea, I got a mushy chart.

How to return to the beginning :(?

DoC: F r o u r !

Thanks !

Forexman77:

The point is that if there is a fall or rise of no more than 50 pips, the indicator should not change from the previous value,

which we recorded if there was no overshoot. And on every tick we compare it.

While there is no excess, a straight line is drawn; if there is an excess, the indicator gets the current value.

Approx.

the code below. But when I run it in the tester I see that it shows different things in reality. It starts to deviate when there is no excess

by the same 50 points. I can see that it delays especially on the rise and starts to change through the bar.

I made a mistake somewhere in it, I do not know where.

At first glance, it's OK. The only thing is that I, for example, prefer bar cycles from past to future: less opportunity to change indicator values over history. The lag could be due to the use of a muving (you have a 7 period) and the "chatter" could be due to the use of the zero bar close price - it is constantly changing over the course of the bar.

VladislavVG:

At first glance, everything is normal. The only thing that I, for example, prefer bar cycles from the past to the future: less opportunity to change the indicator values over history. The lag may be connected with use of a muving (you have a 7-period muving), and the "chattering" - with use of the zero bar closing price - it constantly changes during the bar.

Made the cycle conditions

for(int i=Bars-1;i>=0;i--)

Significantly reduced test speed.

To check, I have added a 7-period muving to the tester. There are deviations of 50 points, but the indicator does not change immediately.

Forexman77:

Made the cycle conditions

Significantly reduced the test speed.

for(int i=limit-1;i>=0;i--)

The rest is the same as in your version.

Also, IMHO, you should not use absolute values when comparing - 0.005 - better 50*Point. Otherwise you will get different results on different pairs.

VladislavVG:

The rest is the same as in your version.

And also, IMHO, you should not use absolute values when comparing - 0.005 - better 50*Point. Otherwise you will get different results at different pairs.

Thank you! It seems to work.

Have you encountered something similar? Who may have implemented this idea?

I have found Kaufman's sliding indicator and zigzag. Basically the zigzag indicator looks like it's done.

Forexman77:

Thank you! It seems to be working.

Have you come across anything like this? Maybe someone has implemented this idea?

So far, I've found Kaufman's sliding and zigzag indicator. Basically the zigzag indicator is similarly made.

No, I haven't seen anything like that.

fozi:

Evening.

I decided to download the history, there was only one year of USD|JPY.

It turned out to be a bad idea, I got a mushy chart.

How to return to the beginning :(?

DoC: F r o u r !

Thanks !

If you right-click on the graph and select "refresh" ?

Good afternoon, there is an indicator, but in the tester after a certain period from the beginning of the year to March works and then stops giving signals, and we need to test a long period (AuthorizedSSBODynamicBreakoutBoxFinalEdition), where in the code can be encoded this limitation - please at least give a hint where to dig, what operators determine it?