Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 170

chief2000:
Often you need to move a number of lines to the right by a few characters.
Is it possible to do this in one go in MetaEditor, or only the old-fashioned way, line by line?

Tabulation works, though.

rosomah:

Gentlemen, let me ask you a question once again.

How to pull quotes from the database for each bar? Eventually, we should sum it up for each bar and divide by the volume to find the value of the average quote for the bar. This is needed to make an indicator of the real midline.

We can add Buffer1[i]=(Close[i]+Open[i]+High[i]+Low[i])/4; and find some average, but it is not so exact.

Please give me the direction to look for it.

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/series
If there are not enough bars on the chart, you should increase them in the MT4 settings.

Greetings all.
It's more of a mathematical question, I can't figure out the best way to do it.

I have an array, I need to find the average value of an index.
Let's say the array is 3, 0.33, 3, 0.33

the point is that 0.33 is three times less, and 3 is three times more.

If you just add and divide, you get nonsense - (6.66 / 4 = 1.66), but the meaning should be 1.0

there was a thought to solve the problem algorithmically - say, if the index value [less than one], then convert it to the inverse negative fraction,
and then everything seems (but only seems) logical

if the array is homogeneous - everything is OK, 12 /4 = 3.

but if not, the array will take shape 3 -3 3 -3, and the output will be 0 (which actually should equal 1).

but it should be 1.

And the funny thing is, my gut tells me it's easy to solve this, but how... Shit ))))))

please tell me, maths gurus )))))

Zhunko:

Tabulation, on the other hand, works.

Notepad++ has a great option for this - it highlights the area to the left of the lines to be moved (Ctrl+Alt), and then space bar moves all the marked lines simultaneously to the required distance, thought maybe MetaEditor has something similar.

chief2000:

Notepad++ has a great option for this - it highlights the area to the left of the lines to be moved (Ctrl+Alt), and then it moves all the marked lines simultaneously to the required distance, I thought MetaEditor might have something similar.

Tab!

Sepulca:
Do you have the OPTIMIZATION box checked along with the VISUALIZATION?

Thanks for the reply,

Optimisation removed - when I press "Start" a shortcut window appears (visual) and in it it says Waiting for Refresh. How do I defeat it?

... and also - what can I use to edit Giga csvs?

Zhunko:
Tab!

Now I know what you mean... At first I thought it was a line tab, but it turns out you can apply it to multiple lines.
That's great. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

KottCoos:
... and also - what can I use to edit Giga csvs?
With UltraEdit.

pako:

spits

is there something about the mission statement that's not clear? )
or don't know how to do it?

here is a more commonly used case.
We don't hesitate to look for an average if the values are around one.
say 0.8 and 1.2 - we know the average is 1.0

But if you think about it, 0.8 is a 25% (100/80) decrease in relation to the base?
whereas the increase is a fair 20%.
and the result is an average of -2.5%. That's 0.975.

large spread is taken for clarity.
Let's say the ratio of a candle to the previous one can be 5 times less, and 5 times more.
How will you calculate the average of two? To predict, for instance ;-)

GameOver:
Greetings all.
the question is rather mathematical, I can't figure out how to do it better.

there is an array, I need to find the average index value.
say array 3, 0.33, 3, 0.33

the point is that 0.33 is three times less, and 3 is three times more.

if you just add and divide, you get nonsense - (6.66 / 4 = 1.66), but the meaning should be 1.0

there was an idea to solve the problem algorythmically - say, if the index value [is less than one], then convert it into inverse negative fraction,
and then like (but only like) everything makes sense

if the array is homogeneous - all tip-top, 12 /4 = 3.

but if not, the array will look like 3 -3 3 -3, the output will be 0 (which should actually correspond to 1).

and should be 1.

and most fun, gut feeling that here how easy to solve everything, but how... damn it ))))))

please, maths gurus )))))

and MathPow ((Product of array members), 1/(Number of array members)) doesn't work?

Reason: