Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1108

filpan:
YES, thanks again. Reduced the base parameter to 200 (the POINT parameter should have been 425) the indicator worked in the tester using the date. But if I use all history it still does not work. It shows the same error.

The thing is that the MT4 tester has a 1000 bar history depth limit. You can try to get around this:

if(prev_calculated==0)// first calculation    
     {
      limit=rates_total-TOCHKA_VHODA;
      //--- set empty value for first limit bars
// Всего баров  rates_total, i может принимать значения от rates_total - 1 до 0
//Если rates_total=1000 , а TOCHKA_VHODA =200, и я хочу обнулить 200 первых значений 
// то эти значения будут от 999 до 800 включительно. Тоесть limit=rates_total-TOCHKA_VHODA -1 = 799 это следующая 
//расчетная точка. А если 800 желательно пересчитать?
// Если было посчитано prev_calculated = 300 баров то это бары под номерами от 999 до 700 из 1000 баров 
//но 700 бар нам нужно персчитать снова тогда лимит достаточно limit=rates_total-prev_calculated;
//Print("Bars=",Bars," rates_total=",rates_total," TOCHKA=",TOCHKA_VHODA," limit=",limit);
      if(limit<0)return(0);
      for(i=rates_total-1;i>=limit;i--)
      {
       a1_Buffer[i]=0.00001;
       a2_Buffer[i]=0.00001;
       a3_Buffer[i]=0.00001;
       a4_Buffer[i]=0.00001;
       a5_Buffer[i]=0.00001;
       a6_Buffer[i]=0.00001;
      }

Just start testing a little earlier and wait for the history depth to increase naturally. It seems to work for me.

Sepulca:

The thing is that the MT4 tester has a 1000 bar history depth limit. You can try to get around this:

Just start testing a little earlier and wait for the history depth to increase naturally. It seems to be working for me.

Yeah, it's slowly getting to me. Didn't think of it yesterday. Thanks.

Good day) Can you tell me if there is any way to get information about whether the crosshair cursor is on or off in the graph?

Hello all. I knew, but I'd forgotten. Or maybe something has changed. Can you tell me how to open additional windows (charts) with other timeframes in the strategy tester in visualization mode?

For example, M15 is selected in the Strategy Tester settings. Additional virtual charts H1 and H4. And the price changes on all charts simultaneously during testing.

Hello, everyone. It's come to my attention. Figured it out. It's about the offline charts: File - Open Offline - EURUSD_tst,H1(for example). Only the price change on offline charts

not the merits of the terminal and strategy tester, but the Expert Advisor for manual trading SimpleFXTester_v2.ex4. Perhaps every tick this EA updates _tst files for all timeframes.

This explains the great reduction of the speed of visual testing. Question. Is there another way to achieve the same effect and increase the speed of the tester? Although it is possible to increase the operation speed

(I need to check), we can use a faster computer, while the _tstst file update should be trusted to the indicator. SimpleFXTester_v2.ex4 is not reliable (buggy) and it is desirable to use

another program to test strategies manually. Who has faced with the update of offline charts - please let me know. I think you should have an additional chart(s) in front of you when testing manually.

I think it is a good idea to have an additional chart (or two) of higher timeframes in front of you when testing manually.

Where can I get not the installer file that installs MT4 from the internet to a PC, but the full distribution of MT4 software to install it on a PC without going to the internet?

polpolpol:

Where can I get not an installer file that installs MT4 from the internet to a PC, but a full distribution of MT4 so that I can install it on a PC without going online?

And the quotes will be transferred by the holy spirit? You may copy the terminal without quotes, it is only 20-25 Mb, but the quotes, which have been lovingly collected for years, weighs gigabytes.

polpolpol:Where to get the full distribution of the MT4 software
The question is relevant, for example, for a training system. To get the distributive, install MT4 on a flash drive. Or copy the terminal folder on a flash drive. Then this folder can be copied to any number of computers any number of times. Such distribution is useful for backup, backup, restore purposes... Better start the terminal with /portable switch, otherwise it will create inconvenient useless folders on your computer. This issue is discussed in more detail in another thread at the following link

evillive:
And the quotes the holy spirit will bring? I will not be able to download the terminal without quotes, but quotes, which have been lovingly collected for years, weigh many gigabytes.

So where do I get this 20-25 Mgb from on my PC?

A link, please.

I tried to download the installer from somewhere else, but the program itself isn't available. It has to be installed from the Internet.

And I need to be able to install it from a folder on my PC, from a folder on a disk, on a flash drive, etc.

LRA:
The question is relevant, for example, for a training system. To get the distribution, install MT4 on a flash drive. Or copy the terminal folder on a flash drive. Then this folder can be copied to any number of computers any number of times. Such distribution is useful for backup, backup, restore purposes... Better start the terminal with /portable switch, otherwise it will create inconvenient useless folders on your computer. This question is covered in more detail in another thread at the following link

How to set it up?

The installer I download doesn't install anything from the internet.

Reason: