High-frequency scalping, solutions to entry and exit problems - page 11

Dima.A.:

This is also the case for profit-taking. The illustration shows a Buy order with a profit activated when the price came in from above, not from below! It was ignored three times before that.

You might want to scalp here...

if in this example the order is a sell order and the picture is a real account, this is the norm for cis accounts, read the trading conditions before))))

There are the following types of orders in the FOREX market:

Market orders - market orders guarantee the fastest possible execution in any situation and at any market volatility. In this case you do not know exactly at what price your order will be executed. Feature - you can carry out heavy losses due to the spread, especially with low-liquid instruments with a wide spread or highly liquid instruments, in moments of expansion spread (often this occurs at the end of the trend movement).

Limit orders- Limit orders allow you to choose the price at which you want the order to be executed. These orders are useful for working with tools with low volatility, as a guarantee that your order will be executed at specified by you or better price.

Stop-limit order - a stop-limit order is a full control over the situation. Similar to a stop order, a stop-limit order is triggered only when the price is reached. In contrast to the stop order, a stop - limit order becomes a limit order instead of a market order when the specified price is reached. The drawdown on these orders is possible the same as the limit order, that is, if the price is not reached, the order will not be executed.

All pending orders can be placed within the spread at a minimum distance of 1 fractional (smallest point, or 5 decimal places) from the market.

Thus, the main differences in the order types are as follows:

• Limit order - the specified price is guaranteed, there is no guarantee of execution;
  • Market order - execution is guaranteed, but the price is not guaranteed;
  • Stop Order - becomes a market order at the moment when specified price level is reached.

The technical capabilities of Metatrader allow you to display the price chart, but, unfortunately, do not reflect the full situation on the market, namely the presence of the volume at the price and number of ticks at this price. Therefore, if the chart has crossed your order level and you see yellow blinking in your MT4 terminal, it does not mean the order will be executed. Often when the order reaches the necessary price, it is too short period of time and the market moves away from it, so the order does not have time to be executed due to the fact that the software system of the order execution has not had time to process this order. Also it is necessary enough volume for execution at this price, if the volume is taken away, it might not be enough for you, and accordingly the order will not be executed. Professional traders understand that statistically, even in the regulated stock markets, up to 20 percent of all orders are not executed at point price. This should be taken into account in your strategies and taken as a statistical norm.

Partial close is a standard feature of MetaTrader 4 which allows clients to close part of their open positions manually by dividing the original lot size into smaller portions. This feature gives clients the ability to close a portion of positions at different price levels and also allows the trader to lock in a portion of the profit, leaving some portion of the open position in the market as the market moves further in the desired direction.

Partial closing is usually used to reduce losses and increase profits.

Let's look at an example of partial closing of a trading position:

Let's imagine that a trader opens 0.5 standard lot on GBPUSD at 1.62638 (#9399348). Immediately after that, in the "Trade" tab MT4 he sees the commission charged in proportion to the opened volume, see pic.1.1.

Fig 1.1.

Then the trader decides to close the volume of 0.3 standard lot. To close the position partially, the trader should right click on the line corresponding to the order and select "Close" in the context menu. In the window that appears, the trader should enter the lot size that you would like to close and click "Close" button Fig. 1.2.

Fig 1.2.

After confirmation of the operation closed part of the position is fixed in the tab "Account history" with corresponding comments. The commission for 0.3 standard lot is withdrawn from the account and is indicated in the "Account history" tab. The commission shall be charged proportionally to the position volume, see Fig.1.3.

Fig 1.3.

Order #9399348 (0.2 of a standard lot) is reopened at 12:58 server time at 1.62638 (opening price of #9399348) with the new #9399601. Commission is charged for 0.2 standard lot and is displayed in the "Commissions" box, pic 1.4.

Fig. 1.4.

The above example shows how partial closing works when a client does it manually. However, positions can also be partially closed during periods of low liquidity. For example, if the TP (Take Profit) level is reached, the position will automatically be partially closed due to lack of liquidity.

Let us look at this case with an example.

The client placed a buy order (# **** 847), 0.5 standard lot in AUDUSD at 1.04642, SL (stop loss) and TP of 1.04653 and 1.04730 respectively. When the best Bid prices reached the TP level, the ECN market did not have the required opposite volume. Therefore, at the time the TP level (1.04730) was reached, there was only 0.1 standard lot on the market at this level instead of the required 0.5. According to the peculiarities of the trading platform, the volume was closed in full and the profit was added to the account. The remaining 0.4 lots were reopened at 1.04730 (exact close price for # **** 847) with a new order number (# **** 983) and closed later at the same price level with a zero profit when the best Bid price re-entered the TP. In the example in question there was again only the opposite volume of 0.1 standard lot in the market. The next 3 orders: # **** 985 **** # 989, # 002 **** were reopened/closed in the same way. As a result one order with 0.5 standard lots volume was closed gradually in 5 steps, see pic 2.1.

Fig. 2.1.

Right after trader opens the position, in the tab "Trade MT4 he sees the charged commission. The commission for 0.5 standard lots is deducted from the account after the position is fully closed. The commission is deducted only once.

A newly opened order #983 **** will remain open until the close price of 1.04730 is reached. If the price goes in the opposite direction and the closing price cannot be reached, the client will incur losses.

Below you can see an illustration of the above example, Fig. 2.2.

Fig. 2.2.

Similarly pending limit orders (Buy Limit and Sell Limit) are opened.

Had my first trade on a real account on the pound, slippage 52 pips

The account doesn't want to be monitored

i can ask a forum member to do it on his behalf, here are the passwords and accesses

Account number: 12098
Trading password: -------
Phone password:--------
Investor password: 7e31c92a91

Server: RVDMarkets-Real (184.173.190.218)

One more thing, I am well aware that my real name and passport data are likely to be under close scrutiny))))) but as they say everything for the sake of science, if the account starts to lose more than 50% then it's the fault of DC, I consequently turn it off,

i will try to check the system's commentaries, first was a manual Trial order, second was a Pound order and the first number in the commentary is an average slippage in pips (i.e. multiply by 10 for 5 digits) then go to order type RH - market and the entry request price,

I also have a Limit order with the same price as the market one but it did not work,

i say OPEN, this is what the broker lives on!!!!

although RVD for me personally is the benchmark of decency))))

Respectfully, this is my last post!!!

good luck in trading

P.S. I will change the password within 2 hours, ))))

here is the real state, something that we do not see on the monitor

the last two orders were closed on Take Profit, no liquidity, order reopened and did not cross the desired level again, - "trader taking a loss" in the commentary unfortunately no entry price, who can explain what to do
?))))

Files:
desktop.zip  7 kb

initial volume 0.13 limit did not work, focus on the limit price, at this price was a market order entry, find the difference and you will be slippage, although the order was in the + 1.5 quid but did not close, in the log error 130,

but on a minus deal it appeared that there is no error

let's look at))))

24 pips slippage

Nikolai, you're really overworked.... You need a rest. Don't feel bad, you're doing great!

ex_kalibur:

Oops. starting to come out of the drawdown?

I understand that the EA has been reconfigured to a lower frequency, but to a higher mo.

DYN:

Oops. starting to come out of a slump?

I understand the EA has been changed to a lower frequency, but at a higher Mo.

do not complicate things)))) the settings are exactly the same as on the demo account

as for the demo, only the starting deposit is 5 times bigger for clarity )))

When I saw this I realised that the real time version of the trading robot is overloaded, and the real time version of the Expert Advisor is overloaded.

And one more request for forum members, how do I contact a moderator or site administrator?
Reason: