Absolute courses - page 103

Figar0:

I don't know about "absolutes" but for the rest I hope to disprove you soon.... And in general such claims are ridiculous: TA doesn't work, the Earth is flat, indices are in the arse.... They only mean that someone: couldn't, didn't understand, didn't want to, not interested, didn't get it, found something else.... I couldn't - no one can? That's naive. I might not be able to do it either, I'm not very industrious, very lazy, overburdened and basically unmotivated. But I won't claim that indexes don't work after that.

I don't know and I don't understand what "indexes don't work" or "indexes work" and I've never written that.

Once again I will repeat what I wrote -"the hypothesis - if the movement of a pair is caused by the dynamics of both currencies, then such a movement is more likely to continue. In his opinion, it was a self-evident assumption requiring no calculation.
In fact, there is no such thing - there is no probability skew. So there is no point in having "absolute" rates. They do not give a trading advantage like all currency indices
."

I'm not saying that I"couldn't, didn't understand, didn't want to, wasn't interested, didn't get it, found something else... ". It is about the fact that I have not detected this bias in probability.

Perhaps, someone discovered it and showed it to us - respect and respect.

And hope is always a good thing.

Figar0:

Doctor, what's missing? Shall we show something worthy to these sceptics?)

Easily. Research is ongoing, soon I plan to start a new thread on another topic and another demonstration trade. While pondering physics and maths.

Dr.F.: While pondering physics and maths.

I recommend thinking not "about physics and maths" but about profits...))

LeoV:

I recommend thinking not "about physics and maths" but about the profits...))

It is the same thing and it is the same thing. For the physics and maths of forex were meant.

Dr.F.: It is one and the same thing. For the physics and mathematics of forex were meant.
How does the physics and mathematics of forex have anything to do with making a profit in forex?

LeoV:
How does the physics and maths of forex have anything to do with making a profit in forex?

Leonid, well maths certainly does)

Your/my favourite NS is maths...

Figar0:

Leonid, well maths certainly does)

Your/my favourite NS is maths...

I agree, but the maths is about making profits, not the maths of forex.

What is the maths of forex? Forex maths is a kind of description of a forex time series using maths. It has nothing to do with profit.

But using maths to get equity going into the sky is another matter )))....

The difference is huge ))))

Demi:

I don't know or understand what "indices don't work" or "indices work" and have never written such a thing.

"They work" is when you can make a profit using them. You can talk about statistical advantages, probability skews and other things, but in layman's terms - "works", "fish are there", "who are you", "go home boy", etc.)

Demi:

Once again I repeat what I wrote -"the hypothesis - if a pair movement is caused by the dynamics of both currencies, then that movement is more likely to continue. In his opinion this was a self-evident assumption not requiring calculation.

It seems to be true, "the trend is more likely to continue than to change", in fact it is an axiom and a cash cow of trading and one does not want to contradict it, but... Take a simple Expert Advisor. EURUSD, large frame from H4. After a bullish candle we close the buy position and sell, after a bearish candle - vice versa. What we see is that the deposit is in the plus, since the creation of the euro. It works with several EURO and USD pairs. Generally, if speaking about forex, or more broadly about financial, commodity and money markets, it is important to know what happens: goods become more expensive or currency becomes cheaper. The Russian black Tuesday '92, '94... Doesn't it really matter to the trade what happened? Potatoes were 3 rubles, they became 30. Did the price of potatoes go up, or did the ruble depreciate? What can answer this question other than the potato and ruble indices from the TA point of view? Of course everything is clear with Black Tuesday, but with the movement of currency pairs it is not always so obvious.

To the axioms and cows.... A little earlier, I monitored the account for a week, just against this axiom. Indexes of 8 major currencies, into two parts, those that are more expensive and those that are cheaper... I've tried to buy them in two parts, the more expensive ones sell, the cheaper ones buy, I dumped a little bit more spread. Now I've set a little more advanced model and since Monday I've got +650 points in "old" (4-digit) spreads. If somebody is interested I can show it to you. The index analysis is a little more serious, +1 line, not to compare with those, who try to "beat" the market by analyzing currency pairs face to face. And nothing - it "works".

Figar0:

Index analysis a little more serious, +1 line

I tried comparing indices against each other, but all the time I got something resembling Söm-Sömych's indicators to some extent. If your approach is fundamentally different, please share, if it's not a secret

Figar0:

"Working" is when you can make a profit by using them. We can talk about statistical advantages, probability skews and other things, but in simple terms - "works", "fish are there", "who are you", "go home boy", etc.)

....If anyone is interested, I can show you. Indexes analysis is a bit more serious, +1 line, not comparable to what they try to "beat" the market by analyzing currency pairs head-on. And nothing - it "works".

You can also make a profit using a simple coin (deal generator), but there is no stat advantage.

Interesting, but when there will be at least a month. You will show me if you do not forget. So far, all this is IMHO.

Reason: