Econometrics: let's discuss the CU balance sheet. - page 13

Demi:

how can the distribution be stationary at all??????? A random variable - yes, but a distribution????????

MO and variance of a random variable - I get it, but this is nonsense..... what are you talking about????

Once again for dumbasses - an equity series cannot in principle be stationary. Its increments can be stationary. Then the series itself has a unit root.

Avals:

here you have a series of equities. You don't know anything about the trend component about residuals etc. What are your requirements for it?
Well, it's probably not an equity series, but a balance series, since we're talking about balance here. The requirement is growth upwards. I'm not interested in its statistical characteristics. I am interested in the factors that influence growth - i.e. the causes. And statistical characteristics are not causes.

Avals:

Once again, for dumbasses, an equity series cannot in principle be stationary. Its increments can be stationary. Then the series itself has a unit root.

Here is the balance/equity series. The sample is quite large. Isn't it stationary?????????

avtomat:
And stat performance is not a reason.
The stat characteristics can be a reason to lose even if the Edge is present :) .

avtomat:
Well, there's probably not an equity range, but a balance range, as long as it's a balance range. The requirement is upward growth. I am not interested in its statistical characteristics. I am interested in the factors that influence growth - i.e. the causes. And statistical characteristics are not causes.

So, for example the equity of a martin with huge drawdowns will suit you, but the balance is slowly increasing.

Demi:

here is the balance/equity series. The sample is quite large. Isn't it stationary?????????

No of course it is, the series of increments of that equity is stationary. Read the literature.

Avals:

no of course, it's stationary in a series of increments of that equity. Read the literature at last.

)))))))))))))))))))))) This series of equities is stationary - it is not even debatable and can be seen by eye

less throwing around the word "in principle" - it's not yours.

Demi:

)))))))))))))))))))))) this equity range is stationary - it's not even debatable and can be seen by eye

less throwing around the word "in principle" - it's not your thing

learn the math.

faa1947:

The point is that the balance is primary.

If the balance is normal or stationary (as it seems to me), then we can talk about the test results: we can discard a loss-making TS and keep a profitable one. But if the residue is not stationary, we cannot say anything about the TS and it does not matter if it is profitable or not during testing - it does not exist at all.

Here the residue has a uniform distribution. So? A TS with such an exit should be discarded just because the residues are not normal? ;))))

Demi:

)))))))))))))))))))))) this equity row is stationary - this is not even debatable and can be seen by eye

It is explained that its first differences are stationary, the series itself is I(1), which is non-stationary by the definition of stationarity. Read the literature.

Reason: