FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Episode 18: August 2012) - page 757

Nesradamus:
About volumes, I have a firm belief that they all reflect, with varying degrees of truth, the number of trades - which has nothing to do with money. This is the only information available.
in mt4 yes, in any serious platform of a normal broker you can see everything in the flow, volume on tick, whether it's asc or bid... i.e. there is enough data to recreate a real picture of what is happening in the market. Trading on the volumes is not an old matter. Everything has been known for a long time, but no one disseminates their findings to the end, they often give general information and that's all. They have a wheel, and you have to figure out the rest. I think the same guys who made the cluster have a more advanced version in their personal use, but they will not give it to the masses even for money.

Nesradamus:
The Bank for International Settlements has periodically conducted an extensive forex market survey every three years since 1989. The final report contains information on market turnover, structure and dynamics. The latest report came out in December 2010 and is available on the official website. http://www.bis.org/publ/rpfxf10t.htm

as it seems to me they can also be sent somewhere in the COT reports ))))

alex_r:
In mt4, yes, in any serious platform of a normal broker you can see everything in the flow, volume on the tick, whether it's an asc or a bid... i.e. there is enough data to recreate a real picture of what is happening in the market. Trading on the volumes is not an old matter. Everything has been known for a long time, but no one disseminates their findings to the end, they often give general information and that's all. They have a wheel, and you have to figure out the rest. I think the same guys who made the cluster have a more advanced version for personal use, but they will not give it to the masses even for money.
Any normal broker only has access to information about their clients, but no more. And they can give it to us only taking into account their interest, and therefore filtering. DT don't have global information, and they don't need it, they have to manage their contingent... They do not care about the rest)))

Nesradamus:

Any normal broker will give a quote from a brokerage company, for example
DTN IQFeed
CQG®eSignal®
Infinity/TransActInteractive BrokersOEC
Rithmic™TicktoTrade via RithmicZenfire®
If you use a feed, you'll make a profit on commission only, not on the spread. How you use a feed does not give a shit: You will trade or just receive unfiltered quotes. Well, maybe not really, some people charge a subscription fee if you don't trade, some people charge only for quotes and some people don't charge anything.

alex_r:
Any normal broker will give a quote from a brokerage company, for example
DTN IQFeed
CQG®eSignal®
Infinity/TransActInteractive BrokersOEC
Rithmic™TicktoTrade via RithmicZenfire®
If you use a feed, you'll make a profit on commission only, not on the spread. How you use a feed does not give a shit: You will trade or just receive unfiltered quotes. Maybe not really give a fuck, some people charge you a monthly fee if you don't trade, some people charge you only for quotes and some people don't charge you anything.
For quotes I said already - it is too expensivefor brokerage companies to buy them. And how to make money on them, each brokerage company decides for itself.

I looked at the globex, the forex traded 8,589,220 lots in the 24th, that's 85,892,200,000 quid for 10k

8,077,700 contracts on the futures, that's $100k - $807,770,000,000.

By the way, about a month ago I said, that the herd was in the maximal shorts and correction zone of 1.22-1.2, and it was, but someone laughed at those COT reports), they said, that it was not for "intraday", time passed and everything became clear. This week I am waiting for the downside at 1.2380/60, then we will go to 1.27. IMHO.

There is volume mania on the forum, every other topic is about volumes.

solar:

There is volume mania on the forum, every other topic is about volumes.

All as in life, topics are raised, perhaps synthetically, by interested comrades, perhaps not. And we have to separate the wheat from the chaff, we have a brain and freedom of choice)).

Summing up last week - ECB : completely refuted rumours about limiting the rise of peripheral bond yields and officials could not give any clear comments about the fate of Greece.

The way the European officials start the week will show us the direction of the week till Friday (if they don't say anything, then there is a big chance that they will correct their positions downwards to go up on Friday on the news about QE; if they say something positive, then they will rise till Friday). Purely personal opinion we will have the first option most likely, a very slow saw down.

Reason: