Question on DLL ...... - page 4

drknn:

No you can't - the library operates in a different area of RAM.
You can still do it, but with the author's level of knowledge it would be unaffordable for him.

So I told him, "No, you can't..."

Zhunko:
It is still possible, but with the author's level of knowledge it would be unaffordable for him.
I wonder how to do it in MKL (at least the gist)?

220Volt:
I wonder how to do this in MKL (at least the gist)?

The EA calls the Symbol(HWND) function from the DLL. The DLL activates the window. It becomes the top of the Z-sequence.

Read the header and highlight the tool name. Then 2 options to return it.

1. Fills the input buffer.

2. Return a pointer to the global buffer.

Zhunko:

The EA calls the Symbol(hwnd) function from the DLL. The DLL activates the window. It becomes the top of the Z-sequence.

Read the header and highlight the tool name. Then 2 options to return it.

1. Fill the input buffer.

2. Return pointer to global buffer.

Thank you. I understood the question differently: "how to pass a pointer to the Symbol() function in the dll?"

220Volt:
Thank you. I understand the question differently: how to pass a pointer to the Symbol() function in the dll?
You can get a candelabra from Renat for this. ;)

220Volt:
Thank you. My question was worded differently: "How to pass a pointer to Symbol() function in dll?".

You probably can't do that. MQL4 address space is virtual.

MetaDriver:
You could get a candelabra from Renate for that. ;)

+5!!!!! :)

MetaDriver:
You could get a candelabra from Renate for that. ;)
Dangerous, I'm going to delete the posts now :)

Zhunko:

The EA calls the Symbol(HWND) function from the DLL. The DLL activates the window. It becomes the top of the Z-sequence.

We read the header and select the symbol name. Then there are 2 options to return it.

1. Fills the input buffer.

2. Returns a pointer to the global buffer.

You don't have to activate it. The descriptor is already there. Overkill.

You need to activate it when there is no connection between the library and MQL4. To get the same descriptor.

I.e. the function in DLL is _Symbol(). It must be activated in MQL4 code before calling _Symbol(). Unreliable variant.

Reason: