Why do you limit the maximum drawdown on the account? - page 6

sever32:
disproportionate, eh?

No.

I want a dealer like that )

PapaYozh:
You see, if we are talking about the occasional need to "top up urgently", then it [we are talking] about limiting maximum drawdown is definitely not the case.

Not if profits are rising.

If losses are rising, why refill?

You need to take an urgent shower (watch the drawdown and repair the system).

If you do not like drawdown as an indicator of efficiency - do not use it.

Your investors will either run away or do something they think is more effective.

sergeyas:

Nothing.

It's personal.

Whoever is comfortable or fancied.

If you lose money, you can always promptly borrow a couple of million from a friend and stick it in the furnace (account).

I am not comfortable. In front of a friend...))

What's so primitive about borrowing? To the fuck, not the money in the account, but the CU to the fuck.

sever32:
I can see the difference in your example. how does this relate to the topic? read the first thread carefully.

What exactly didn't I read carefully in the first thread?

zoritch:

probably just the response time of the system for deposits and withdrawals...

(if I had the ability to add instantly to save the deposit, it would be a very different picture...)

You still don't get it.

LeoV:

We are talking about trading leverage.

Having a 10k deposit and working with 0.1 lot - 1 to 1 leverage.

And having a deposit of 100 dollars and opening with 0.1 lot - leverage 1 to 100

All calculations are approximate - too lazy to count with the current rate ))))

Trading or leverage -- these are synonymous...

It does not depend on how much lot we trade or how much money we have. (Dependence is only of a restrictive nature).

The size of the leverage only affects the level of margin per lot.

So, the smaller the leverage - the higher the margin.

Which begs the question.... why the hell would we take a small leverage? To burden open positions with unnecessary margin?

The small leverage is only for crazy and gambling people as a physical constraint.

They're eager to go in with the maximum lot... and usually get burned out on a few pips))

Leo, look at the formula http://sherh.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=189&Itemid=233

And you'll see that maximum leverage is only a good thing for reasonable people.

I am unequivocally right. and arguments are not acceptable)))

jelizavettka: I am unequivocally right. and arguments are not acceptable)))

No problem ))))

sever32:

If you do this, you calculate profitability for the whole account (100%) and determine the soundness of the system with a 50% drawdown. 100% and 50%. Disproportionality, eh?

Disproportion as a concept is irrelevant here.

Absolute values can also be used.

The main thing is not to deceive yourself.

LeoV:

The investor understands at the expense of what. Which of these?

1. Why can't an investor limit his losses?

A trader can? - Yes, he can.

Why can't an investor?

1. The investor's funds must be equal to the trader's stated maximum drawdown, expressed in funds. Any more than that is nonsense.

LeoV:

No problem ))))
Thank you )))
Reason: