R - please share your experiences - page 2

Freud:

I understand, of course, that it is not profitable for programmers to integrate such packages into MT, but it facilitates search and research. imho.

In general, we need to get people together, pool a few quid each, take all the wishes into account to objectively assemble what is needed, and order the product.

What to order? It takes a hundred years to figure out what is there. Lots of documentation and books.

The interface should be up and running.

RandomWorker:

Which one to order? A hundred years of figuring out what's available. Lots of documentation and books.

I'd like to get the interface up and running.

Wouldn't it be better to integrate with matlab or statistics and not bother with R?

Freud:

Wouldn't it be better to integrate with matlab or statistics and not bother with R?

The statistics is poor and there is no such interface. I've already implemented the above-mentioned approach, but I'm not sure how to solve this problem. Look at their site for econometrics and Time Series. It is amazing.

Here's the link.

Freud:

Maybe it would be better to integrate with Matlab or statistics and not bother with R?

Have you looked at the link?

I had a lot of respect when I saw it. I have all this in Matlab, but you won't find anything there. here, it's a peasant's way of doing things.

RandomWorker:
Here's the link.

the link's not working.

Freud: the link

is not working.
It's local, it refers to a file on your computer. RandomWorker, correct the link.

Mathemat:
It is local, referring to a file on the computer. RandomWorker, correct the link.

Pardon me.

109 people. who wrote off the dll! Help, why doesn't the example code from the dll work?

Everything works.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                        RTest.mq4 |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

#include <mt4R.mqh>

extern string R_command = "E:\\Program Files\\R\\R-2.15.0\\bin\i386\\Rterm.exe --no-save";
extern int R_debuglevel = 2;

int rhandle;

int start() 
{
   rhandle = RInit(R_command, R_debuglevel);

int i;
   int k;
   double vecfoo[5];
   double vecbaz[5];

for (i = 0; i < 5; i++) 
   {
      vecfoo[i] = i;
   }

RAssignVector(rhandle, "foo", vecfoo, ArraySize(vecfoo));
   RExecute(rhandle, "baz <- foo * 42");
   k = RGetVector(rhandle, "baz", vecbaz, ArraySize(vecbaz));

RDeinit(rhandle);

for (i = 0; i < k; i++) 
   {
      Print(vecbaz[i]);
   }
}

The path to RTerm needs to be changed, of course.

If you can make it work, half of the forum will help you :). Good luck.

Reason: