Martingale again - page 7

Good afternoon!

Allow me to join you in the discussion of this, an interesting topic for me.

I can suggest a third option - to use a comment on orders.

It is very simple to use. First, you have to keep a separate counter of entries for each direction (for BUY, and for SELL) and for each new entry (entry) set its number and indicate it in the comment to the order (or the same number for a split order).

When all orders of a certain direction are closed, the counter of this direction shall be reset to zero.

The selection of orders to be closed, I think, will not cause any difficulties.

SergeyN:

Good afternoon!

Let me join you in discussing this, an interesting topic for me.

I can suggest a third option - to use a comment to orders.

It's very easy to use. First, you have to keep for each direction a separate counter of entries (for BUY, and for SELL) and for each new entry (entry) set its number and indicate it in the comments of the order (or the same number for a split order).

When all orders of a certain direction are closed, the counter of this direction shall be reset to zero.

I do not think the selection of orders to be closed will cause any difficulties.

that is, mark orders in the comment and then use OrderComment() to select them ...? Very interesting - I have to try it out

Thanks for the tip ! I hadn't even thought of that, simple and tasteful ....

Very glad to hear that my advice was useful.

I myself also work with martingale, not in its pure form but also paired with an indicator. I use AO and AC as filters to stretch the grid of inputs and for outputs.

I use AO as a trend indicator and AC as a place to enter or close all orders.

Thus the drawdown is significantly reduced.

My EA was originally based on the well known ILAN and now there is nothing left of it in the code.

I start my Expert Advisor on several pairs or on one pair, but for several periods.

It is not as beautiful as the author's one but it brings a kopeck too.)

On the screenshot here is the stable release on the real account with minimal information. Now I am developing a newer release and have added some features that you may be interested in.

SergeyN:

Very glad to hear that my advice was useful.

I myself also work with martingale, not in its pure form but also paired with an indicator. I use AO and AC as filters to stretch the grid of inputs and for outputs.

I use AO as a trend indicator and AC as a place to enter or close all orders.

Thus the drawdown is significantly reduced.

My EA was originally based on the well known ILAN and now there is nothing left of it in the code.

I start my Expert Advisor on several pairs or on one pair, but for several periods.

It is not as beautiful as the author's one but it brings a kopeck too.)

On the screenshot here is the stable release on the real account with minimal information. Now I am developing a newer release and have added some features that you may be interested in.

Great - we'll keep in touch ...

elmucon,

At this point I am interested in simple but vital questions:

1. How do you solve the problem of large no return trends? I solve it with the help of the AO indicator, for example while it is descending (red), I do not buy, even if it is already on the grid.

It stretches the grid during sharp price movements and it helps to decrease the drawdown.

2. How exactly do you exit the market when there are peaks? I use a condition for exit - there is a profit and the trend is changing (using AO).

3. I, for example, really want to use trends, I'm not afraid of them! I've come up with my own method for that.

If I use it, then according to tests the drawdown increases in some periods, but the profit for the total period increases by 1.5-2 times.

4. I am currently working on a tool for calculating the total drawdown of an account if I run the Expert Advisor on multiple currency pairs.

The drawdown and other parameters on one pair are shown by the tester. But in aggregate on several pairs...

SergeyN:

At this point I am interested in simple, but vital questions:

1. How do you solve the problem of large no return trends? I solve it with the help of the AO indicator, for example while it is descending (red), I do not buy, even if it is already on the grid.

It stretches the grid during sharp price movements and it helps to decrease the drawdown.

2. How exactly do you exit the market when there are peaks? I use a condition for exit - there is a profit and the trend is changing (using AO).

3. I, for example, really want to use trends, I'm not afraid of them! I've come up with my own method for that.

If I use it, then according to tests the drawdown increases in some periods, but the profit for the total period increases by 1.5-2 times.

4. I am currently working on a tool for calculating the total drawdown of an account if I run the Expert Advisor on multiple currency pairs.

The drawdown and other parameters on one pair are shown by the tester. But the total drawdown on multiple pairs...

for readers - contacted by email at ....

Pardon me for interfering
SergeyN:

1. How do you deal with the problem of large undrawn trends?

3. I, for example, really want to use trends, I'm not afraid of them!

Martingale is one of the MoneyManagementa system, which is generally based on increasing the risk in the next trade(for example, increasing the volume while maintaining stops) if the previous trade ended in a loss

Where are the words trend, flat, direction here?

What you are talking about is called averaging. Conditionally speaking averaging is a martingale in a channel strategy.

You have stumbled upon the limitations of this strategy - working in the trend, and are trying to overcome them with a martin.

Wouldn't it be easier to switch to another type of strategy( for example, atrend) when losing(for example, atrend)? In this case, no one will take the martin from you, use it as it was used. The direction just do not cling to it, and determine as your indukes/signals/friends tell you.

Question for theorists and programmers: Why is ILAN leaking? Has anyone thought about the correctness of his strategy? Maybe it is possible to use Martingale and not trade against the trend?

GaryKa:

You have encountered the limitations of this strategy - trend work, and are trying to overcome them with a martin.

Wouldn't it be easier to switch to another type of strategy(e.g. trend) when losing( e.g. trend)? In this case, no one is taking the martin from you, use it as you have been using it. The direction just do not cling to it, and determine as your indukes/signals/friends tell you.

Completely agree with you: ILAN is a very aggressive Expert Advisor, that's why it leaks, and that's why it is unlikely to be banned by DC!

elmucon:

I traded this way with my hands - first, the last two lots closed with good profit

Secondly, it reduces the probability of losses, and drawdowns can be withheld for a long time.

Thirdly, (example) you already have a grid of 4 orders - close the last two orders in the plus - 2 are left - open a third - and then close the last two again - one is left - open a second - and close in the plus .... orders are over ....

Both profit will be bigger and less chance of losing ....

like on the screenshot - only with hands ... (bai)

If I understand correctly, you are using averaging in both strategies. Have you tried the option of using averaging in one strategy and reversal martin in the other? Perhaps in this case these two strategies would hedge each other well, because averaging works well in a flat and reversal martin in a trend.
Reason: