[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 525

Roll:

Victor, don't worry, you are ahead of the game. "Experience is the son of mistakes..." Go from the simple to the complex, not the other way around:

"Progress (from Latin progressus - movement forward), the direction of development, characterised by the transition from lower to higher, from less perfect to more perfect. Progress can be referred to the system as a whole, its individual elements, the structure of the developing object. The concept of progress is the opposite of the concept of regress.

REGRESS (from Latin regressus - reverse movement), the type of development, which is characterized by the transition from higher to lower. The opposite of progress."

why not just explain it to the person? Help them on their way to progress? and all this talk of regression is more like the nerdiness of a teacher...

Lisi4ka330:
In order not to add to the confusion, I want to correct the mistake I made in the previous answer, the entry "array1[Bars*6-60,60][0]" is not correct, because Bars*6 is the total number of elements in array1.Each bar has 6 properties, let's assume we have 30 bars, multiplying by 6 we get the number of elements in the first array - 180. The second array has only 60 free "cells" (i.e. 10 x 6 properties), so we must select only 60 elements from the first array to copy. By expressing [Bars*6-60,60] we subtract 60 from the total, i.e. 180 - 60 = 120, i.e. 120 elements of the first array will be written to zero-element of the second, 121 to the first, and so on. Another question is how it turns out that information about the last formed bars is written not at the beginning of the first array, but at the end ... but apparently the answer lies in the function code, and There's no sense in digging any deeper....

Roll:

Victor, don't worry, you've got it all ahead of you. "Experience is the son of mistakes..." Go from the simple to the complex, not the other way around:

"Progress (from Latin progressus - movement forward), the direction of development, characterised by the transition from lower to higher, from less perfect to more perfect. Progress can be spoken of in relation to the system as a whole, its individual elements, the structure of the developing object. The concept of progress is the opposite of the concept of regress.

REGRESS (from Latin regressus - reverse movement), the type of development, which is characterized by the transition from higher to lower. The opposite of progress."

Eugene, I can certainly understand everything BUT, it's written in a so-called textbook. How do I go from simple, where to look ? If you are a programmer yourself, maybe it's obvious to you. But I don't get it at all.

And this thread is for newbies, I'm asking questions on the subject... I've been trying to understand for two days now. I wish someone would take pity and explain it to me. :(

And about:

Lisi4ka330:
...but apparently the answer lies in the function code and there's no point in digging any deeper...

If you don't dig, you can't understand. And if you don't understand, you won't be able to make full use of it either.

hoz:

Eugene, of course I can understand everything BUT, it's written in a so called tutorial. How do I go from simple, where to look ? If you're a programmer yourself, maybe it's obvious to you. But I don't get it at all.

And this is a beginner's thread, so I'm asking questions on the subject. I've been trying to understand for two days now. I wish someone would take pity and explain. :(

And about that:

If you don't dig, you can't understand. And if you don't understand, you won't be able to make full use of it either.

Learn third-party programming languages like BASIC, Pascal, C from books, where everything is chewed up from beginning to end, if at all do not shAre or hire a tutor.

Then in 2 weeks you will get acquainted with the syntax of mcl4.5 + trade functions and the order of the terminal, and that's all. Rather than... suffer...

IMHO!

Roman.:

if you don't shaRe at all or hire a tutor.

Not at all... it doesn't work. It's not that simple a question. And who's this thread for, like, pros? I'm already reading a book on C, there's no such thing there either. This is logic, not syntax. Books do not teach it.

hoz:

It's just... it's not going to happen at all. It's not such a simple question. And who is this branch for, or is it for pros? I'm reading a book on C too, there's nothing like that there. This is logic, not syntax. Books do not teach it.

Of course they don't. If you understand and are trained to work with arrays in BASE languages, such questions will click easily! There is logic in compliance with simplicity of perception and calculating bars (the current one has index "0") - read arrays-timeseries. Even if you have found some "glitch" (people have also found...) in the doc, then write directly with "Servicedesk" on the fifth forum and don't bother yourself or people and don't boast about it... It happens...

hoz:

Eugene, of course I can understand everything BUT, it's written in a so-called textbook. How do I go from simple, where to look ? If you are a programmer yourself, maybe it's obvious for you. But I don't get it at all.

And this is a beginner's thread, I'm asking questions on the subject... I've been trying to figure it out for two days now. I wish someone would take pity and explain. :(

And about that:

You need practice (practice on the terminal). Read other people's code, look for logic, practice again. Set yourself tasks to get logical answers from the terminal or server.
Increase the complexity of the tasks.
Terminal, Tutorial, Documentation are great sources for learning and creative work, especially for beginners (I tried it myself).
Learn from mistakes so that you don't make them! They have a special place in your memory.
It's a sport of creativity (your own tricks, always being in form).
And Logic rules your actions and thoughts.
It is impossible to live two months in two days.

I am converting a mono-expert to a multi-currency one. Can you tell me how in this case MT4 updates prices and loads bars for other pairs?

Maybe where is there a description of how an Expert Advisor attached to one chart with another currency pair works?

Usual_Trader:

I am converting a mono-expert to a multi-currency one. Can you tell me how in this case MT4 updates prices and loads bars for other pairs?

Maybe there is a description where how an Expert Advisor attached to one chart with another currency pair works?

You need at least 2 functions: MarketInfo() and Refreshrates()

The former will allow you to request prices from another trading instrument and the latter will update the data to use the former. That's why you callRefreshrates() in the code first, and then you can requestMarketInfo(). But this is the case if the EA has been sleeping for some time with Sleep(), or has been performing some calculations for a very long time. Suppose, while this is happening, the new quotes came and you need to refresh them usingRefreshrates()

drknn:

You need at least 2 functions: MarketInfo() and Refreshrates()

The first will allow requesting prices from another trading instrument, and the second will refresh the data to use the first. Therefore, in the code, you callRefreshrates() first, and then you can make requestsMarketInfo(). But this is the case if the EA has been sleeping for some time with Sleep(), or has been performing some calculations for a very long time. Suppose, while this is happening, the quotes came new and need to refresh them usingRefreshrates().

As far as I understand,Refreshrates() works for the current symbol or refreshes data for all symbols?

Reason: