test generator: no history data "EURUSD15"

Dear all, 

My strategy tester all reports "test generator: no history data "EURUSD15". The directory "C:\Program Files\Alpari UK MT4-1\history\AlpariUK-Demo-Pro" ,  contains a file "EURUSD15.hst". I downloaded the history data recently from a website which claimed to provide ALL THE HISTORY DATA FOR ALL THE SYMBOLS. How should I tackle this issue?

I was often tortured by the history data problem. Where can I download relatively reliable history data?

Thanks a lot for your time and consideration. 

Don't install in Program_Files on Windows Vista/7.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/141245 

tzm:

Dear ubzen,

thank you for your prompt reply. I followed your instruction to  install the MT4 in a new directory in a new driver, and copied the history directory from the original directly under the c:\program files  to the new corresponding directory. But problem is still there..What should I do to tackle or bypass this issue?

Thank you for your efforts!

Open a EURUSD M1 chart and scroll back to the date you want to test,  if you can't then you don't have data for that date.

RaptorUK:
Open a EURUSD M1 chart and scroll back to the date you want to test,  if you can't then you don't have data for that date.

Dear Ubzen and Dear RaptorUK,

I followed the instructions contained in the link in your previous replies(and the links). After installing the Mt4 in a new directory and download and import the history data from forextester, I see the history data since 2001. Thank you for all your helps.

2020.10.02 12:37:33.762 TestGenerator: no history data 'EURUSD15' from 2020.09.01 to 2020.01.01

of recently I am also getting this error frequently, even though i have downloaded history data.

does it has anything to do with changing user account? As i remember downloading in Demo account then shifted to Real account. and now problem is in both accounts.

Anil Varma:
2020.10.02 12:37:33.762 TestGenerator: no history data 'EURUSD15' from 2020.09.01 to 2020.01.01

of recently I am also getting this error frequently, even though i have downloaded history data.

does it has anything to do with changing user account? As i remember downloading in Demo account then shifted to Real account. and now problem is in both accounts.

2020.10.02 12:37:33.762 TestGenerator: no history data 'EURUSD15' from 2020.09.01 to 2020.01.01

did you expect to this to work? look at the date

Kenneth Parling #:

2020.10.02 12:37:33.762 TestGenerator: no history data 'EURUSD15' from 2020.09.01 to 2020.01.01

did you expect to this to work? look at the date

LOL, good advice!!! 
Sometimes a stupid oversight can cause pretty much trouble!
Fell for this myself...

Reason: