[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 561

ametist444:

I am glad to welcome everyone who has found time to communicate here and the patience to answer questions from newbies))

The question is about testing a trading system, but it might be difficult to answer:

A new trading system, it needs to be tested on history, but the decision is made in three time frames. And when you test it with a MACD sample or Moving Average Expert Advisor, you will only be able to make a decision on one time frame.

Which Expert Advisor should I use to see the result in three timeframes simultaneously, like I see in real trading?

Here is an example: left to right, Day-Four-Hour

Using

Timeframe access functions, in the code section responsible for calculating indicator readings, hit the appropriate timeframes to the indicators you want and that's it.

Here in the tutorial is a specific example of taking MACD Nindicator values from H1 and stochastic from M15. Do the same thing and that's it.

When testing, charge the smallest timeframe you use to take indicator readings.

The board has a block of external variables that can be changed with F7.

Is it possible to open an additional window (not in the main settings window) for other external variables as well (your additional set) by assigning a key combination to this window?

How can this be implemented?

Chiripaha:

The board has a block of external variables that can be changed with F7.

Is it possible to open an additional window (not in the main settings window) for other external variables as well (your additional set) by assigning a key combination to this window?

How can this be implemented?

It is not possible to open two different windows. And why? If there are a lot of variables, just separate them with a line or some other signs, like you do with different functions in programs. If there are many variables, you can scroll through them and insert the encyclopaedia.

Roman.:

Using

Timeframe access functions, in the code section responsible for calculating indicator readings, hit the appropriate timeframes to the indicators you want and that's it.

Here in the tutorial is a concrete example of taking MACD Nindicator values from H1 and stochastic from M15. Do the same and that's it.

When testing, charge the smallest timeframe you use to take indicator readings.

You can take the values for the expert calculations, but they will be displayed on the scale of the chart you are testing.

rigonich:

Values for calculations of the Expert Advisor can be taken, but they will be displayed on the scale of the chart the testing is conducted on.

Yes, of course. The visualization window will only display the indices activated at the minimum timeframe.

"So which EA to use to see results in three windows at the same time as I see in real trading?"

2ametist444: You can see the test results in the report.

You can check the performance of trading criteria in the tester, in visualization mode on a smaller TF, comparing with the corresponding date on the history of the tested instrument opened in the terminal windows on different TFs.

Roman.:

Using

Thefunction of access to timeseries, in the code section responsible for the calculation of indicator readings, beat the corresponding timeframes in the desired indicators and that's all.

Here in the tutorial is a concrete example of taking MACD Nindicator values from H1 and stochastic from M15. Do the same and that's it.

When testing, you charge the smallest timeframe you use to take indicator readings.

Roman, thanks for the tip, I probably don't understand everything or maybe I can't explain what's needed...

From your words do I need to refer to mql4 programming for a solution?

Maybe there is some video tutorial, it's not clear at once...

Hello Dear. If i have any simple EA with order sequencing (buy-sell-buy). I just need an example of how this option is embedded in the body and what it should actually consist of. Our search did not give us anything understandable for our not too experienced in mql 4: From short

// Select the last closed position from the history
if(OrderSelect(HistoryTotal()-1,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY))
{
//
Check type
if(OrderType() == OP_BUY) OrderSend(..);
else if(OrderType() == OP_SELL) OrderSend(..);
}

...to long fragments that don't make much sense at all. But I couldn't find something in the Expert Advisor that would work.

Thank you.

ametist444:

Roman, thanks for the tip, I probably don't understand everything, or maybe I can't explain what's needed...

According to you I need to refer to mql4 programming for the solution?

Maybe there is some kind of video tutorial, it's not immediately clear...

Please.

Yes.

Read the tutorial and documentation (top left on the screen) + Rules and Facts!

Video:

Autotrading - new opportunities! - Club Days Part 1 and Part 2.

Roman.:

Please.

Yes.

Read the tutorial and documentation (top left on screen) + Rules and Facts!

Video:

Autotrading - new opportunities! - Club Days Part 1 and Part 2.

Thank you for your attention!

Looks like I found the answer to my questionhttps://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1490

seems to be exactly what you prompted me about!!!

ametist444:

Thank you for your attention!

and I think I've found the answer to my questionhttps://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1490

it seems to be exactly what you prompted me about!!!

:-)

Good luck in mastering the language and profit in trading on margin!

Reason: