[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 498

yosuf:
Is it possible to create a program that would switch EAs on and off by itself, say, for 10 minutes, alternately after 00.00 of the DC server?
Why would you create, because you are not the Creator and not even his Prophet, but only a docent? Enable the schedule service (if it is not disabled) and configure these schedules in the Control Panel (shortcut "Assigned Tasks"). Let the computer start the advisors one by one via the terminal command line at the scheduled time.

yosuf:

1. Thank you, I will look into this possibility.

2. Although the EA is the same, but the settings on different pairs are different, is it possible to create a multi-currency EA under these conditions? It should be noted that the accounts are different.

For one account, if these parameters (individual for each pair) do not exceed 10, then the multi-currency EA is a sensible solution.

The VPS(from my personal experience) with 512 Gb of RAM has 4-5 terminals with 5-10 EAs working on each one without much problems. I have been using VPS for 4 years now and for me it is the BEST solution.

In your case it is up to you - try to increase the RAM - it has never been a "bad thing".

Reshetov:
The amount of RAM depends on the operating system and the bit rate of the hardware. Judging by the fact that you have a single-core computer, it means that the hardware is 32-bit and up to 3 gigs of RAM can be increased. But it's better to check with your motherboard, because not all old computers can support more than 2 gigs.

2.71GHz, 0.99GB RAM, Pentium 4

yosuf:

2.71GHz, 0.99GB RAM, Pentium 4
A lot of memory is consumed by loading history on open charts - set "Max bars in window" = 1000 in each of the running terminals.

Reshetov:
Why do you need to create, since you are not the Creator or even his Prophet, but only a docent? Enable the schedule service (if it is not disabled) and configure schedules in the Control Panel (shortcut "Assigned Tasks"). Let the computer run the advisors one by one via the terminal command line at the scheduled time.

I think this is the best solution to the problem in this case, I will try it on Monday, thank you very much.

One question - do I specify server time or local time?

yosuf:

I think this is the best solution to the problem in this case, I will try it on Monday, thank you very much.

Local. The tasks are done according to the clock on the computer, not on the server.

yosuf:

How does your Windows scheduler know the server time of the DC terminal server? - Your computer time of course.

Reshetov:
Why should you create, since you are not the Creator or even his Prophet, but only a docent? All you need to do is enable the Schedule Service (if it is not disabled) and set up the schedules in the "Control Panel" (the "Assigned Tasks" shortcut). Let the computer run the advisors one by one via the terminal command line at the scheduled time.
If you're not difficult, please describe, point by point, how I should do to run this mechanism, because I still do not know where and how to enable the service schedules, the control panel in it, the command line of the terminal.

Reshetov:
The amount of RAM depends on the operating system and the bit rate of the hardware. Judging by the fact that you have a single-core computer, it means that the hardware is 32-bit and up to 3 gigs of RAM can be increased. But it's better to check with your motherboard, because not all old computers can support more than 2 gigs.
More is possible for 32. Only the motherboard limits it. It seems that up to 200G can be connected. I saw a table somewhere.

yosuf:
If you don't mind, please describe, point by point, how I should proceed to get this mechanism up and running, as I don't yet know where and how to enable the scheduling service, the control panel in it, the terminal command line.
You can google "Windows Task Scheduler". You can check it out here.
Reason: