MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 78

C-4: You don't need 11,500 objects here. All you need here is data per number of bars * 2.

Vasily, you don't even know what and how I drew there. But you judge it with the same categorical attitude, as if you already know everything.

Firstly, it was just a test I(1) with a small demolition, which has nothing to do with the trades.

Secondly, there is no reference to bars there. There is, but to ticks.

Thirdly, in MT4 it is impossible to draw a single object "segment" pixel by pixel, that's why you have to twist labels. That's why there are so many objects that all need to be maintained.

If you need 11.5 thousand objects, it's a method problem, not a computational problem.

You're in your repertoire. It all counts and displays quite quickly, it doesn't bother me.

tol64:
In any case, developers will choose from the flurry of feedback from the community what they think is more relevant at the moment, based on their statistics, market research and experience.

It reads like this: you write, write (your wishes) and we will only do what we think is right. They don't choose anything - it's just that sometimes what they have done coincides with the wishes of someone on the forum. It's a normal process - people make THEIR product, of course - do as THEY see fit. No one owes anyone anything. If you want, you use it, if you don't want, you don't use it ;).

Mathemat:

Vasily, you don't even know what and how I drew there. But you judge it with the same categorical attitude as if you already knew everything.

I am based on a picture. The information on the chart can be presented in a much more compact way. The simplest example is to write an indicator that is displayed in the price chart window. I really do not know why they decided to use 11.5 thousand label objects and not a single indicator. There must have been good reasons, but I am afraid to imagine what reasons could have led to this decision.

f.t.:

It reads like this: you write, write (your wishes) and we will only do what we think is right. They don't choose anything - it's just that sometimes what they have done coincides with the wishes of someone on the forum. It's a normal process - people make THEIR product, of course - do as THEY see fit. No one owes anyone anything. If you want, you use it; if you don't want, you don't use it ;)

I don't know. Maybe I do. I don't really care about that. )) But when you periodically write your wishes to Service Desk and literally one or two builds later you get what you wished for, it's pretty nice. )))

VOLDEMAR: I will not believe that there are professional traders - programmers are like a professional surgeon or a professional tractor driver ..... You are either a cook or a tractor driver. The work of a trader is no less complicated than that of a surgeon and you cannot profitably trade and program at the same time....

An ancient, bearded cliché.

Firstly, remember Trololo, who passed away untimely? He has a huge number of ideas which no one, no one at all, understands. And he would hardly be able to explain them to a programmer without making him go berserk. What is he supposed to do? What if he really is a brilliant trader? The only thing left to do is to learn the language and write it all himself. If he doesn't want to or can't, that's his problem.

Secondly, there are systems that you cannot, well, sensibly check manually before you send them for coding. That's why I'm telling you so confidently that I have just such a system. And there is only one way out - you have to write this system by yourself. Unless, of course, you are a millionaire's son.

Thirdly, this need for a division of labor can only really arise when the "business" itself becomes big enough. That is not the case in this forum.

C-4: I am proceeding from the picture. The information in this chart can be shown in a much more compact form. The simplest example is to write an indicator which is displayed in the price chart window.

Well this is it, only it is not done in the indicator, but in the EA. It is a paper profit curve of current open trades with an interval of about 30-50 ticks between nodes. The nodes themselves are not many - only 300, but we have to insert a lot of pixels between them to make the curve look like a piecewise linear one and not like a collection of dispersed points. These pixels are the labels.

The indicator binding to bars was rejected at once because it either requires too much constriction of the chart or too few points are obtained.

Why it was decided to use 11,500 label objects rather than a single indicator I really don't know. Perhaps there really were good reasons, but I can't even imagine what reasons might have led to that decision.

And no need to imagine, Vasily, you will break your brain. There is no discomfort for the terminal, everything works quickly.

tol64:
But when you periodically write your wishes to Service Desk and literally one or two builds later you get what you wished for, it's quite nice. )))
Write about the CCA. Maybe it will work.

VOLDEMAR:
In general I still do not understand who the terminal is for, programmers or traders, I will not believe that there are professional traders - programmers are like a professional surgeon and a mechanic or a cook and a tractor driver ..... You are either a cook or a tractor driver. The work of a trader is no less complicated than that of a surgeon and you cannot profitably trade and program at the same time....
What nonsense.

Mathemat:

Second, there are some systems that you cannot, well, intelligently check by hand before coding them. This is why I'm telling you so confidently that I have just such a system. And there is only one way out - you have to write this system by yourself. Unless, of course, you are the son of a millionaire.

But there is the other way around. With your hands it seems OK, but how to code it - who the hell knows...

TheXpert: And then there's the opposite. With the hands it seems OK, but how to code it, I don't know...
It's a hard case, with a gut feeling. It justifies VOLDEMAR's position. Trading with gut is much more difficult, noble and completely different than coding.
Reason: