MT4 doesn't have long to live - page 54

joo:

Is option trading not enough?

fatally!

storm:

+1

So many people think so(and there are an order of magnitude more of them), but don't get involved in this useless conversation.

many stand aside it's been a while since the methaquot stirred up nicknames that seem to have faded into oblivion.... )

Avals:

But my logic and common sense tell me that your numerous topics with neural networks is trading-anonism)). But I'm not saying what you do and what you don't do ;)

And by the same token, then, don't tell MQ what to do.

I don't have a single topic on this forum on neural networks. there's only one on the 5th forum, but it was opened for a team project. I'm not imposing my opinion on anyone, I just expressed it the same way you did earlier.

joo:

And by the same token, then, don't tell MQ what to do.

I haven't started a single thread on this forum on neural networks. there's only one on the 5th forum, but it was opened for a team project. I'm not imposing my opinion on anyone, just making the same point as you did earlier.

I'm not imposing my opinion, I'm trying to convince you that it's necessary. You simply do not have to think for others what is profitable and how to trade, and where it is useless to get involved.

hrenfx:
You probably don't understand that we are talking about a completely artificial limitation on the part of the developers. Here is a simple example of how such restrictions on an MT4 tester are removed through hacking. So why these artificial restrictions? Fear for the reputation of the tester reports? Well, nothing prevents to write in red letters that the testing is performed on custom history and we are not responsible for the result.

hrenfx:
So there's no way to even stuff personally collected ticks from the same server instead of simulated ones to adequately test a whole class of trading strategies. What can I say about adding another tick history, which is filtered by the user himself from short-term spikes, etc. I want to get results close to real ones in the tester, taking into account rebates, liquidity, etc.

I know about it, so why am I not in the loop?

joo:

I'm aware of that. so why am I off topic?

Because there is no logic to it (in the context of the topic):

joo:

MQ understands that there is no point in providing technical capabilities associated with huge overheads because of a dozen traders demanding the ability to work with a fake tick history.

hrenfx:

Because there is no logic to it:

i said that there is no point in doing something that only a dozen traders need. i also need a tick story today (i probably won't need it tomorrow) and i didn't say i didn't need it today, so what? there are very few people who need it, that's the point.

joo:
I don't think it makes sense to do something that only a dozen traders need. i also need a tick history and i didn't say today that i don't need it, so what's the point?

So all the developers have to do is remove the restriction (just a few lines of commenting in the tester code). Not to waste effort on inventing something there.

The problem is almost the same as the possibility to generate your own FXT-files for MT4-tester.

hrenfx:

So all the developers have to do is remove the restriction (just a few lines of commenting in the tester code). Not to waste effort on inventing something there.

The problem is almost the same as the ability to generate your own FXT files for an MT4 tester.

Create a topic with an appropriate name. Write a test Expert Advisor (not necessarily profitable) demonstrating the corresponding weakness of the tester. Renat loves (he himself has said it many times) such test scripts/experts that show the problematic areas of the trading platform, because it helps to look at the problem from a slightly different perspective and helps to improve the usability of the platform as a whole.

joo:
Create a topic with an appropriate title. Write a test EA (not necessarily a profitable one) demonstrating the tester's respective inferiority. Renat loves such test scripts/experts that show the problematic areas of the trading platform, because it helps to look at the problem from a slightly different angle and contributes to the usability of the platform in general.

You don't need to write an EA to do this at all. It is enough just to compare the simulated ticks with the real ones. The developers made such a comparison in the corresponding article:

hrenfx:

They made the most naive comparison of simulated ticks with real ones - they took 100 000 ticks of both types and compared them. Well, take a million ticks and get an even better picture. And then take 10 ticks and see.

What accuracy of simulated ticks are we talking about? A tick history is needed in very specific tasks (including HFT), and M1-history is enough for most tasks. So at least don't skimp on the minutiae by saving OHLC Ask.

I don't really care much about MT5 tester, just a logical argument to improve it. So to speak, I am undergoing a short course of forum therapy, sometimes useful in moderate doses.
Reason: