What is an INDICATOR? - page 5

The brain is nothing, the water is everything ))))

Avals: to use it to track the phase of development of the real market processes behind pricing

Yeah, I like that.

So far it works like this: I do not know why a real process has started (for example, video clips have been released or the Chinese started buying dollars late at night Moscow time), but in a short time after its start I can figure out what quotations it influences and how. And then a trading decision. However, if I enter too late (in the midst of the attack, when everyone knows what is happening), I may miss out.

AlexEro:

Almost all traders use indicators - some perceive them visually, some use them in trading software to make trading decisions.

There are dozens of basic indicators and hundreds of exotic ones. Nevertheless,

Give a definition of the word "spoon". Some people eat with it, others help them put on shoes, some play with it, some spoon is painted with gzhel, and for some people, scary to say, "spoon" is a sex position... And everyone knows what a 'spoon' is and does not 'philosophise' in vain about it.
AlexEro:

I know the answer to about 60% of them. And it is quite simple and consists of about 10 sentences with almost no maths .

Then it's not an answer - it's your speculation, or almost speculation.

LeoV:
Brain is nothing, water is everything ))))

I don't get it either, what are grown men smoking here? What a load of bullshit.

An indicator is a display of market information in a given coordinate system.

DC2008:

An indicator is a display of market information in a given coordinate system.

For the sake of generality, I would remove the word "market".

Here we go again, I see the forum moderators are cutting the word again - everything, indiscriminately, with their eyes closed.

The moderators of this MQL4.com forum and Metaquotes managers should watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade once again: the grail is not given to the arrogant, greedy and word-cutters. One should double-check one's own level of righteousness before getting in line for the grail - just in case. Arrogance has ruined more than one project, more than one even the richest company.

Goodbye.

artikul:
Think about it, what the hell difference does it make what the indicator shows and what its nature is, if trading decisions based on it only lead to profits. ))) From the point of view of common sense, it may display the most rubbish and nonsense and not even have a strict mathematical justification (formula). So what? ))) Who cares how the profits are made anyway, if they are made. With the help of clever theories or with a few lines of code in MQL)))

You may be able to tell if it suddenly stops working in your case, why it happened and what needs to be fixed and what to shift your attention to.

AlexEro's words, like the post trol222 just deleted, are an outright lie. We only cut flubbing, spamming, trolling, swearing.

trol222 is banned for another outburst of suspicion towards moderators. I will be questioning his eternal ban.

PapaYozh: Для большей обобщенности, я бы слово "рыночной" убрал.

Obliterations do not produce tangible results, in this case profits, because profits are the result of specific actions, not generalised actions ))))

LeoV:
Generalisations do not produce tangible results, in this case profits, because profits are the result of specific actions, not generalised actions ))))

What can you do, as not all indicators show market information.

For example, the well-known equity indicator.

Reason: