The "Maybe we'll get lucky" counsellor

Can you suggest an EA, if there is one in kodobase, which sets two differently directed orders with the same volume, TP and SL at the beginning of a bar, e.g. BAY lot 1, TP 30, SL 20 and SELL lot 1, TP 30, SL 20. Please comment on this kind of strategy at random, if anyone has tested it.

I did one once(even called it AWOSH) when I set it on the real, in my head I was spinning "NOTHING, AWOSH WILL GO AWAY", after a while the market told me TO GO AWOSH ))))

yosuf:
Can you suggest an EA, if there is one in kodobase, which sets two differently directed orders with the same volume, TP and SL at the beginning of a bar, e.g. BAY lot 1, TP 30, SL 20 and SELL lot 1, TP 30, SL 20. Please speak out about a similar strategy on the off chance, if anyone has tested it.

Yes, I wrote something similar when I started studying MQL4. I couldn't save the code, but the interesting thing about it was that with TP greater than SL 40-50 times the EA was winning.

yosuf:
Can you suggest an EA if there is one in kodobase which sets two differently directed orders with the same volume, TP and SL at the beginning of a bar, for example BUY lot 1, TP 30, SL 20 and SELL lot 1, TP 30, SL 20. Please comment on this kind of strategy at random, if anyone has tested it.

Are you being shallow, Yusuf - or is this another PR campaign on your part???

Then, how will you add formula (18)...??

Roman.:

Are you being shallow, Yusuf - or is this just another PR campaign on your part???

Then somehow you'll attach formula (18)...??

No, it's fine. Yusuf is going through a natural stage of his development. It's normal. In a few years, he'll begin to understand why he's here and what he's doing. Everyone has been through this.

C-4:

No, it's all right. Yusuf is going through a natural stage of his development. It's normal. In a few years, he'll begin to understand why he's here and what he's doing. We've all been through this.

:-) Just as long as the Avalanche doesn't suck him in forever... :-) For by the topic he raised in this forum thread he is already close!!!

Roman.:

Are you being shallow, Yusuf, or is this just another PR campaign on your part???

Then somehow you'll sew the formula (18) onto it...??

It's OK, the direction (18) is on its way, but I'm more inclined to believe that the market is weakly subject to its own historical data, no matter how well it is described, forecasting on its basis in the short term is problematic. In the long term, perhaps historical data will point to trends on the basis of which appropriate TSs can be formulated. In the short term the market is more than random and the probability of success is much lower than 50%. Therefore, you should try different random entry and exit strategies, perhaps even without the use of any indicators. Then determine the true value of the probability of success and try to figure out the cause of the distortion compared to normal and other probability distribution patterns.

sanyooooook:
I once did one(even called it AWOSH) when I set it on the real, in my head I was spinning "NOTHING, AWOSH will carry it through", after a while the market told me to HOWEVER ))))
Don't you remember the probability of success?

C-4:

Yes, I wrote something similar when I just started studying MQL4. The code, unfortunately, has not been saved, but the interesting thing about its work was that at TP greater than SL by 40-50 times the Expert Advisor came out in the plus.
Do you remember the probability of zero exit, i.e. TP=SL+spread+commissions?

Then we will slightly modify the task, namely, we need to find an EA that randomly places orders by the "eagle-reckoning" principle in terms of their direction with TP=SL+spread+commissions+N pips.

Roman.:

:-) As if the Avalanche wouldn't suck him in for good... :-) For on the topic he raised in this forum thread he is already close!!!
Avalanche or martingale principle is applicable when the probability of a positive outcome is close to 50%, but in the foreign exchange market this probability is much lower, I think, and if anyone knows it, please speak up.
Reason: