[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 276

MaxZ:
So why do you need a martingale then? Open when your eyes are open and the situation is clear, in the direction you want? Ah, yes... The situation is only understandable with some probability... And with probability {unit minus "some probability"} You'll either get a deposit drain (martingale) or a small loss (without martingale).

If you chase a high profit you may lose any TS.

Let's not get into a bloodbath.

Bygones

MaxZ:

It's only the experimental version leaked. Ridiculous triangle came out! :D

And on one pair + optimisation = mow sometimes...

Drop the drain, villagers. Here is the Expert Advisor in the attached file, it has to set 4 different mooses and it tries to catch these four mooses. But it is not very good at it, because if we strive for something, it may come out quite the opposite. Therefore, the EA will sometimes catch takeovers.

Attached is the 4losses.set file for 5-digit EA settings. For four digits, reduce all numbers for sl* by a factor of 10.

Strategy Tester Report
4losses
Alpari-Demo (Build 409)

SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)
Period1 Hour (H1) 2011.03.30 18:00 - 2011.12.08 18:59
ModelBy open prices (only for Expert Advisors with explicit bar opening control)
Parametersp=24; sl0=900; sl1=250; sl2=500; sl3=1000; risk=1.79; mn=888;

Bars in history4440Modelled ticks8780Simulation qualityn/a
Chart mismatch errors0

Initial deposit10000.00

Net profit1137831.08Total profit2212078.42Total loss-1074247.34
Profitability2.06Expected payoff3066.93

Absolute drawdown5963.40Maximum drawdown315771.72 (21.86%)Relative drawdown83.80% (20877.08)

Total trades371Short positions (% win)189 (59.26%)Long positions (% win)182 (55.49%)

Profitable trades (% of all)213 (57.41%)Loss trades (% of all)158 (42.59%)
Largestprofitable trade187020.79losing transaction-217388.16
Averageprofitable deal10385.34losing transaction-6799.03
Maximumcontinuous wins (profit)8 (12670.53)Continuous losses (loss)6 (-76688.88)
Maximumcontinuous profits (number of wins)360046.05 (3)continuous loss (number of losses)-217388.16 (1)
Averagecontinuous winnings2continuous loss2

Files:
4losses.ex4  6 kb
4losses.zip  1 kb

MaxZ:

But vladds wrote about another "avalanche". I think so... I myself fought an avalanche six months ago. I lost one demo account using the Av02 Expert Advisor. I tried to use different signals and open lot not in steps, but only with a new signal... But I gave up.

What about pyramiding? Is it any different from an avalanche?

So, our concepts have different names... So, how can we distinguish the EURUSD move 0.0001 up by five- and four-digit numbers? Why add unnecessary words? Many people call it a "point" and they understand each other... :D

Avalanche is a TS, pyramiding is adding positions on the trend, provided the previous one is in profit.

Pips at five-digit brokers are multiplied by 10, accordingly in owls you should also multiply "real" pips, like in four-digit - also by 10.

"I lost one demo account with Av02. And I tried to attach different signals and open lot not with step, but only with new signal... But gave it all up." - and here are my calculations.... :-)

Video - here. These small changes in code sections, which are responsible for market entry, and that's all... I'm still working on this thing myself... :-)

MaxZ:

1. Vince will be shocked to learn that We will count the lot through his optimum F of trades whose volumes are piling up on martin! :)))))))

2. Here's an interesting interview by the way. It was published not long ago. That's the expert I wrote to you about. The author also wrote about the possibility of another EA taking off in December. It will be interesting to look at this! ;))

1. Not necessarily here, mosh anywhere else!!! :-)

2. I will read. I'll look into it. Thank you. It hasn't been in the announcements so far, namely in the triangles that are coming up... :-)

Roman.:

1. Not necessarily here, mosh anywhere else!!! :-)

2. I will read. I'll look into it. Thank you. It hasn't been in the announcements so far, namely in the triangles that are coming up... :-)

1. This requires a profitable idea with a positive expectation of money, which I do not have today! :))) Otherwise the risk is very high...

2. And I see that in the announcements they've stopped writing about new interviews. And in general the triangles have ceased to come on so frantically! :DD

Closed the bai on Ilana.

That's how lucky it has been for 12 working days in a row. When will it go down, I'm sick of it already)

OnGoing:

Closed the bai on Ilana.

That's how lucky it has been for 12 working days in a row. When will it go down, I'm sick of it already)

Don't worry.... Maybe you won't, but you'll get it out???? Try it!!!

OnGoing:

Closed the bai on Ilana.

That's how it should be, when you have one instrument and the starting lot is 0,01 for 10 000... :-) Get more dough bags ready!!! :-)

MaxZ:

This requires a profitable idea with a positive expectation of money, which I don't have today! :))) Otherwise the risk is very high...

That's a trick I like about him: "It's not going to be easy. It doesn't matter how many market systems are used. If you want to do everything mathematically right, you have to be prepared to lose 30 to 95% of your account balance... :-)) The strictest discipline is required, and not everyone can follow it.

Once a trader gives up trading a constant number of contracts, he is faced with the problem of how many to trade. It always happens irrespective of whether the trader admits the problem or not. Trading a constant number of contracts is not a solution, because this way you will never achieve geometric growth. Therefore, whether you like it or not, the question of how many to trade in the next trade will be unavoidable for everyone. Simply choosing a random number can lead to a serious mistake. Optimal f is the only mathematically correct solution."

I'm really tired, I know it's going to sell out, but the terminal keeps going on and on (Hit the red cross and be done with it)
Reason: