[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 779

MetaDriver offers a sensible solution there.

khorosh:
MaxZ:
The lot is constant. You need to look at the absolute drawdown, not the relative one, and then think about which deposit can withstand this extreme! :))))
Where is the fixed lot? Which strategy are we talking about?
It all makes sense, doesn't it? In that report where the relative drawdown is 48% and the absolute drawdown is 7+ thousand! :)))

OnGoing:
There are some doubts, too.
How can she do that? :-) I haven't looked at the program itself, but I suspect it's like I.Kim's "Portfolio Analyzer" site - it calculates everything from the report on CLOSED positions, including the drawdown on balance... i.e. how much equity has fallen in trades - it doesn't give that kind of information...

Mathemat:

Judging by the comments, it doesn't calculate equity drawdown. And it couldn't.

It's a flaw. Just another tester's toy.

Roman.:
Well, how can it do it? :-) I haven't looked at the program itself, but I suspect it looks like I.Kim's "Portfolio Analyzer" - it calculates everything from the report for CLOSED positions, including the drawdown on the balance... i.e.... how much equity fell through the trades - doesn't give that kind of information...

Ideally, if it takes not only closing times but also opening times (the report has them too), then it can be calculated.

The question is whether it does.

nikat97: A joint. Another tester toy
Yeah, well, she doesn't have data on equities behaviour from every report.

MaxZ:
It's all logical. In that report, where the relative drawdown is 48% and the absolute drawdown is more than 7 thousand! :)))

If you mean my post of 11.03.2012 07:13, the lot is not permanent there. It is not clear what the logic is?

OnGoing:

Ideally, if it takes not only closing times but also opening times (the report has them too), then it can be calculated.

The question is whether it does.

It doesn't:

Roman.:

It doesn't:

Well yes, you can't count without quotations. And with quotes it's another MT5 to write)

OnGoing:
Yes, you can't count without quotations. And with quotes it's another MT5 to write)
:-) In general, it's an interesting thing... At least you can estimate roughly as well... when you have tester reports for each of the portfolio strategies...
Reason: