[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 108

alsu:

You will scare away all the pros with such an avatar))))

On the chart equity is marked at the time of closing the trade and how much it fell between opening and closing (i.e. what was the real drawdown on the order) - can't be seen.

Thanks for the clarification.

So, we cannot see it on the chart but the tester considers it continuously and displays only the final figures in the report?

Is there any way to see the actual equity drawdown in the form of the same chart?

And explain to someone who does not understand what these drawdowns mean: relative, absolute,

I know what max drawdown means... :)

Abylhat:

So you can't see it on the chart, but the tester counts it continuously and only gives it in the final figures in the report?

Is there any way to see the real equity drawdown in the form of the same chart?

There is no method built into MT. You can do it programmatically.

Abylhat:
...And explain to someone who doesn't understand what these drawdowns mean: relative, absolute,

I know what max drawdown means... :)

Also read the article, it's directly called that:

What do the numbers in the expert test report mean.

Thank you very much to all who responded, the link has now come to mind.

And programmatically, how? Can you give me a link?

Abylhat:

Thanks for the clarification...

So you can't see it on the graph, but the tester counts it continuously and only gives it in the final figures in the report?

Yes. In the figures in the tester report, the maximum drawdown is counted by equity.

Abylhat:

Thank you very much everyone who responded, the link helped.

And programmatically - how? Can I get a link?

You can do a Google search, for example, type in "How to Calculate Equity Value Programmatically in the Strategy Tester in the Strategy Tester":

"How to programmatically calculate equity values in the strategy tester during Expert Advisor test" site:mql4.com

Please tell me how to make Buf2[i] build on the values of Buf1[i]. How to do it?

Buf1[i]= iMA(NULL,0,MAPeriod,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);
Buf2[i]= iMA(????,0,MAPeriod,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

iMAOnArray().

But the first buffer must be built in its entirety. And then the second one.

Arles:

Please tell me how to make Buf2[i] build on the values of Buf1[i]. How to do it?

for(int i=0; i<limit; i++)
      Buf1[i]=iMA(NULL,0,PeriodBuf1,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);
//---- signal line counted in the 2-nd buffer
for(i=0; i<limit; i++)
      Buf2[i]=iMAOnArray(Buf1,Bars,PeriodBuf2,0,MODE_SMA,i);

granit77:

Just wrote a working one myself - looked up here, and you've written almost exactly the same for me :) I have 0 instead of Bars. But thanks all the same!
Reason: